Modding Discussion A mod to allow the player character walk through obstacles during cutscenes?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by XCube591, Mar 18, 2019.

1. XCube591

XCube591 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey,
    I am working on a mod overhauling some parts of the town. Everything's going along fine, the only things there are issues with are cutscenes. The npcs just walk through all obstacles, and although it looks weird, it works. On the other hand, the player always gets stuck on something and the cutscene has to be fixed or it will never end. What I am asking is if there is a way to make the player charater be able to walk through Building blocks during cutscenes only.
    Any help with this would be appreciated

• Arknir

Arknir Void-Bound Voyager

I suffer from the same problem too :(
      The NPCs don't care about what is in front of them, they just walk on top of it. But the farmer gets stuck in a walking animation if they can't get past an obstacle. I found a way to circumvent this, but it is soooo tedious. You have to warp the farmer on that tile with obstacle, one tile at a time if it is multiple obstacles.

For example, I am having my farmer swim in a river in this event I am modding. Water counts as obstacles that the farmer cannot walk on. I have the /swimming farmer command on (which submerges the farmer's body and shows only the head and lets him walk on water). I can make my farmer look like he is swimming in the river by warping him one tile at a time if the water cannot be traversed on. /warp farmer 17 122/warp farmer 16 122/warp farmer 15 122 and etc. You can also add very miniscule pauses to make it seem more natural.

It's a lot of work, but it gets the job done without any extra modding tools. I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but this method helps bypass obstacles in custom-events.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019