1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

A little story

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Litagano Motscoud, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Started the game for the first time since Annoyed Koala. Created Litagano III. Got on my ship, got the stuff in the locker, and beamed down for the crafting table quest.

My starting planet's trees are made of plant fiber and there's poisonous water.

gg.

Not blaming the devs at all, just thought I'd share this funny story. Hopefully there are other kinds of trees made of wood, I'll search for some. If not, I'll just look at the desert planet in the same solar system. If there's no trees there...Hello Litagano IV!

Serenity likes this.
  2. MiningPenguin

MiningPenguin Aquatic Astronaut

That luck doe.

3. PicklePackle

PicklePackle Phantasmal Quasar

Yea, I've been to planets like that.

Litagano Motscoud likes this.
  4. TinShigi

TinShigi Phantasmal Quasar

Poor Litagano III. Tragically perishing in their inhospitable, poisonous enviroment.

Litagano Motscoud likes this.
  5. RobertRevenge

RobertRevenge Pangalactic Porcupine

Those planets usually have a few thorn trees on them at the least. Enough to hopefully get to another planet or star system.

6. Zero(pS)

Zero(pS) Zero Gravity Genie

> petition to have a "Fiber Workbench" added to the game =]

At least you'll have bandages for life.

7. TheCourier

TheCourier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My starter planet is the same kind. I know there is wood bearing trees but they are few and far between. Doesn't help that every hostile mob on the planet are range attackers. I can't do anything really.

8. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Woo! Worry not, for Litagano III has found wood!

This planet has giant pidgeon-looking things that VOMIT BLOOD.

9. TinShigi

TinShigi Phantasmal Quasar

Rejoice!

10. D7X

D7X Star Wrangler

As long as you have the matter manipulator surely you're never truly stuck anywhere? Just dig up some coal and move somewhere new if it's that bad.

11. Firestar

Firestar Void-Bound Voyager

I think with this next build, I'll make myself an ore smelter, throw away everything but my pickaxe and the smelter and head to a snow planet!

I love sandboxes. I get to make my own fun.

12. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

About jack and diane? All kidding aside that sucks but look on the bright side alot of bandages, just mine some coal and go to another world.

13. RobertRevenge

RobertRevenge Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, I hear they're two American kids living in the heartland.

Serenity likes this.