A Litterbox

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Nerva, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

We can get a kitty. But we don't have a litterbox for the kitty. We can get a doghouse, but we can't get a puppy to put in it.

Anyone else find that this is a little backwards?

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You can get a puppy to put in the doghouse. It doesn't actually go in the doghouse as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure if the dogs can still be found in the wild, but they definitely existed in previous versions.

3. Nerva

Well yeah, almost anything's possible if you cheat. And there are dog-like parts for small monsters - I've seen puppy-faced bladebacked reptiles before. And there is a dog in the Outpost.

But through entirely legitimate means, there's no way to get a dog. Unless you're okay with pooch-faced aliens.

But this isn't it about getting a dog, although having a canine option might be nice. This is about getting a litterbox for my kitty to do her kitty-business in.

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

No, I mean there is literally a plain-old dog. In fact, you can find one at the Outpost. I meant that I'm not sure you can find dogs in the wild anymore, since they only spawned in two specific structures. As for the litterbox, I agree.

5. Nerva

Please read what I said more carefully, Jerln.

There is a dog in the Outpost. There is no legitimate way to get a dog of your own. Unless there is a legit, intended way to capture the Outpost Dog that I don't know about.

I don't care that there's a dog, an actual, honest-to-god dog in the game. It's no use to me if I can't get it for myself, through entirely legitimate means. (Which is to say, not using inventory editors or /admin.) If I can't catch it, then it's just another NPC.

Until that changes, then I have a doghouse with no dog, and a cat with no litterbox. I really don't care about the doghouse, but I love my kitty and want to ensure that she has a nice place to do her kitty business.