RELEASED A Less Yellow Stardew - Updated 7/3/2016

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lark the Brave, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there, I hope it's not too late to make a request on here. How about dirt that has this color? I know this is already from an existing mod but this mod also changes the grass and tree textures as well and I only want my dirt to be changed.[​IMG]

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

For anyone that's willing to take this request ^ I only did a -50 saturation change on the colour.

dollbae likes this.
      • Dhalia_Farms

Dhalia_Farms Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any instructions on how to install this? Im having trouble getting it to work :<

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

@Dhalia_Farms Pick which dirt/grass color you like, and place the folder named "Contents" into your main Stardew Valley folder.

That's from the Nexus page. The comments section there has some helpful posts as well, if needed.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

I am ... absolutely IN LOVE with this mod! Thank you so much for the time and effort you must have put into this. It looks amazing. Great work! <3

• buddy4life

buddy4life Void-Bound Voyager

This is one of my favorite mods. Will it be updated for 1.1? I noticed a few files were changed, especially the Cursors one.

• kenzee

kenzee Void-Bound Voyager

I would also love to see an update for this mod :O I can't speak for the other farm maps, but I know there are conflicts with the hill-top farm :^/

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The modder has been absent for months. Maybe someone else wants to pick this up and update it?

• d4rkgcr

d4rkgcr Orbital Explorer

I'm not very active on this forum but I noticed that people were asking for this update, so here I am, not being selfish.
                    A couple of days ago I tweaked the Light Dirt Version of this mod so I could enjoy playing Stardew Valley with a less yellow ambient. I haven't tested it properly (still in Spring, Riverland layout) but I guess it should work fine, just remember to backup your files.

If the author of this mod comes back, uptading this mod, you should use his version. I'm just providing a temporary solution. Meanwhile, let me know if you find any bugs, I'll try my best to fix them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
                      ultrasius, MrIce, disies and 6 others like this.
                    • buddy4life

buddy4life Void-Bound Voyager

@d4rkgcr you beast me to it, I just finished tweaking the light dirt/grass 1 mod for my own personal use. If anyone is interested, I also combined it with notsnuffie's "greener fall" mad so that the grass isn't orange in the fall. I also edited the tilled dirt files because the harsh dark line around them looked a bit... well, harsh to me.

google docs files here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Z5gIFPJRo6OVVmZ2NGUHR2SE0

just copy and paste into your Contents folder.

ETA if either notsnuffie or the original author of this mod wants me to remove this I certainly will!

Attached Files:

wafflerie, feelreldan and d4rkgcr like this.
                      • disies

disies Orbital Explorer

Thank you thank you thank you!! :)

d4rkgcr likes this.
                        • d4rkgcr

d4rkgcr Orbital Explorer

Fixed some minor issues/conflits regarding other seasons (Fall and Winter mostly). I also made worms slightly lighter, so now you are able to spot them easier. For those who prefer the mod Animal Crossing Digspots over worms, I can make a compatibility patch (provided that @Lechet gives me permision to do so).

My previous statement is still valid:

Attached Files:

• laurabi

laurabi Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a pretty minor bug, but it's big enough to be annoying. Shane's 4 heart event is still messing up for me. SPOILERS AHEAD! His portrait while laying on the floor is bugged out, and the sprite of him going to his knees is just a gray box. The rest of the game is beautiful though. Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
                            • d4rkgcr

d4rkgcr Orbital Explorer

What other mods are you using? I tried to replicate this bug but it went all fine. Check video below:

I tested it in Winter, but I guess it should be the same with other seasons.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
                              • laurabi

I'm using mods that replace some animal sprites (dinosaur, rabbit, cow, sheep and goat) and I'm using *some* portrait mods, but none for Shane. Those are the only mods, besides this one, that I'm using. I've verified the integrity of the game cache, and then I've tested each mod with this specific cutscene, and the only one that glitched out was the less yellow stardew. The Spouse area is fine now, and the new areas of the game show up, but for some reason the new sprites and portraits are bugging out with this mod. I'm thinking it's probably because the cursors.xnb was changed in the update, idk. And maybe your event didn't mess up because winter doesn't use the dirt? I'm really grasping at straws here, I have no idea if that would cause it to not conflict in Winter and conflict in other seasons. I also just experienced Emily's 2 heart event, and her sprite was bugged out as well. All others are working so far. It's just the new events. It's really unfortunate because I love the darker dirt and grass color and it feels like a different game to go back now. :down:

EDIT: I just realized that I'm also using 1.11, and that may be my issue. Did you update the mod for just 1.1 or also for 1.11?

• d4rkgcr

d4rkgcr Orbital Explorer

That's odd, I'm not quite sure what might be causing these glitches. The cursors.xnb hasn't changed since 1.1, so I don't think it is the source of the issue. I'm also using version 1.11 and it's working fine.
                                  I just did another test on Shane's event, this time in Spring, check video below:

I also haven't had any problems with Emily's events so far.

I'd love to help you (and I honestly want to), because I know how frustating this can be, but I actually don't know where the source of this problem is... If it's not much to ask, could you send me some screenshots from the game when the glitches happen? They would give me some insight.

I'll ask my sister to install this mod on her laptop in order to see if it's working properly. And I also would like to know if other people are experiencing these glitches.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

• laurabi

It's not your fault at all! These games can be buggy, especially with brand new updates. You have been a saint for updating an outdated mod in the first place. I'll send you screenshots when I can, we're getting no internet service after Hurricane Matthew and it's still not fixed yet. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for taking the time to help me!

• TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually, I've been using the same one - Light Dirt, Grass 1 - and I found that CA actually made another version of the hoeDirt file in 1.11, and it's labeled "hoeDirtDark"(it's in the /Content/TerrainFeatures folder). I dumped it to take a look at it, and it looks quite nice, like it would match very well with it. idk how well it'd go with the others, but it goes quite nice with LDG1.
                                      [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
                                        buddy4life likes this.
                                      • laurabi

UPDATE!

I just recently re-verified the integrity of my game cache and only re-installed the mods I knew would not conflict with new cutscenes (like animal mods and old character portrait mods) and the new cutscenes work now. I figured it out. Your mod is working perfectly and it appears that I had a bad mod installed which was why it wasn't working properly. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for updating this mod for those of us that deem it to be a must have!

d4rkgcr likes this.
                                        • TaeKwonDodo

TaeKwonDodo Big Damn Hero

I like the one with the light dirt and the sandy dirt looks fine too.