RELEASED A Less Yellow Stardew - Updated 7/3/2016

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lark the Brave, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Chukkaque

Chukkaque Void-Bound Voyager

Personally, I'd like these different dirts for after effects from weather conditions.

• Lark the Brave

Lark the Brave Subatomic Cosmonaut

^That would require a level of scripting that would be beyond me to do at the moment.

• SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

Using the Light dirt and looks lovely! :D

I was wondering if you'd be willing to provide a .png for the Cursors file though? I have a retexture for the worms/dig spots that I'd still like to use since otherwise they're really hard for me to see ^_^;

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
        • Lark the Brave

Not a problem. Here:

Attached Files:

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

That sandy dirt you posted awhile back is beautiful *-* I'm definitely going to be moving over to your light dirt version because the yellow is clashing hard with the other mods I use!

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm almost done with my maps okay T_T

taintedwheat likes this.
              • Lark the Brave

Progress Report time:

I've been slowly creating different saturation options for the grass as well, since I've been told the green bits in the game are too bright for a lot of people.

Example:

Attached Files:

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Grass 1 and 2 look good!

Lark the Brave likes this.
                  • dimasep0

dimasep0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the grass!!! the original grass doesn't really match the darker dirt and your grass makes it look really cool. Reminds me horror game, actually :nuruhype:
                    When will you release it???

• Lark the Brave

With any luck it should be done sometime early next month, barring any issues.

• Lark the Brave

Alright, so... I've updated the first post with links to version 2.0 of the various dirt types. There are now multiple grasses for each one.

All that should be left to do is finish the sandy dirt and maybe an even a pale/dry dirt version. >.>

Pietoro, staarfruit and foghorn like this.
                        • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! My eyes thank you so much, wish I had found this sooner honestly, all that yellow was killing my eyes.

• kenzee

kenzee Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I'm a little worried that this mod has interfered with my greenhouse? I can't think of any other mod it would be. I unlocked the greenhouse 2 days ago (ingame) and the first time I went in, all the floor tiles were black.
                            [​IMG]

If you can find any time to look into this, I'd appreciate it so much!! Thank you.

• SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

Which dirt version are you using? I'm using the medium dirt and my greenhouse looks fine :) Figured it would help to narrow it down ^_^

• kenzee

kenzee Void-Bound Voyager

Oh whoops forgot to mention that :O I'm using light dirt and grass version 1

• Lark the Brave

Hm... I checked the file that changes this part of the greenhouse within the game and by cracking it open. Seems to be ok.

What other mods do you have installed? The greenhouse dirt is actually part of towninterior.xnb, which has a bunch of other things within it that may have been edited by other mods.

In any case, I've recompiled the file for you. It'll override any other mod edits--and if this doesn't fix the problem than the only thing I can think of is that you have base/save game corruption. You could try backing up your saves and reinstalling the game to see if this problem goes away then.

Attached Files:

• Fix.zip
                                      File size:
                                      153 KB
                                      Views:
                                    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
                                  • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Just installed this and I'm loving it already! Using light version with grass 2. I especially love the grass edit for fall, that default bright orange is a little too orange for my taste.

Now I just feel the need to mod everything else because it's so ridiculously bright next to this lovely pale dirt and grass xD

• Lark the Brave

Thank you!

I've been working with another modder to make the town buildings and such better, which should go along with this mod when it comes to the brightness. It's a big project, though, so it might take a while before that is ready for release. >.>

• Watts533

Watts533 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love this... I mean, the original look was great, but it's nice to have dirt that looks a bit less like sand :)

• SailorDrew

SailorDrew Void-Bound Voyager

So do I just replace each of the original files with the new one?