1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

A few bugs we've encountered so far in 1.3 Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Support' started by Valtrith, May 2, 2018.

1. Valtrith

Valtrith Space Hobo

Playing Beta 1.3, multiplayer, a few bugs we've encountered so far!

Glad to see a few of them have been fixed already! The bug buzzing outside of mines was one of them, that one only happened for the host. When guest was in the mine, host would hear any flying creatures encountered by the guest, even if the host was somewhere completely different, like fishing on the docks with Willy.

But anyway here we go:

1- Guest cannot hoe soil in the mines, makes it a little difficult to get cave carrots etc in a pinch! I've tried (as a guest) on several different levels of the mine, no change. Host has no problems with using a hoe in the mines, only guest has encountered problems thus far.

2- We've had some issues where the guest is forced into cutscenes encountered by the host, but then the resultant quest isn't activated. For instance, the host headed to the community center area for the first time, activating Lewis' tale about how great it used to be. Host and guest both were sucked into the cutscene, but only the host received the 'Investigate rat problem' (I think that's right, I know it's close) quest. I did get it as a guest, but it took several days, and the bundle system has been a little glitchy, will edit this post when I have more time to fiddle with it, though.

3- Now, I don't know if this is deliberate or not, but the mine chest aren't shared. So only the guest OR the host gets the swords or boots for the level rewards in the mines. It would make sense that only one person can get the things out of those chests, so totally understandable if that's just how multiplayer works, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

4- There's an odd glitch with bushes, where when guest or host uses a scythe, weapon or whatever to remove a shrubbery (ni) the bush will pop one time in response to the strike, then a second time a half-second or so later, giving double drop. I've ended up with a few extra fibers because of it, as nice as that is I'm sure it's not intentional.

If you need more details I can give them! Just didn't want to get too long winded. But hey! This multiplayer update is SO FANTASTIC! My wife and I just spent the first five minutes running around each other like "It's me! Babe look I'm here with you on your farm this is great!" We are having a wonderful time!

• lopi888

lopi888 Space Hobo

Hey hey,
      i played the beta too, i have all the problems you have.

i have found some more and add it on your post,

The Problems with the items in the mine, i have too and the best thing is the star drop fruit is not abel to share too, so you need to decide who of your friends get the fruit or split the 7 fruits

On of the other problems is that the hits that make the guest on the enemies seen very late and he see the enemies on other positions than horst,

Fishing work not every time on guest, i mean that he throw out the rod but he obtain same time,

Quest from the leaderbord works not so good, guest and horst have no update on the quest, for example mining 35 copper ore, if one has mine all, only the host can end the quest.

i love the added multiplayer too and the bugs are not so much.

i love the new added content on the game.

i hope the bugs getting fixed very fast so that the multiplayer works fine.