1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

A Duplicate Unique ID Destroyed my Planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CyberDragon, Oct 3, 2019.

1. CyberDragon

CyberDragon Space Hobo

So I was playing earlier today and at some point after a series of complicated mistakes and after switching out of admin mode at a particularly bad time, I found myself being booted from my planet because it failed to load. Any attempts to go back to that planet, specifically the section of the planet I was in, resulted in me being kicked again.

I checked the log files as any debugger does and I found that I was booted because there was a duplicate entity unique ID in the area.

I've spent days building all sorts of detailed and intricate structures on that planet. Is there a way to remove the duplicate? I tried checking the .world file, but it's gibberish to me and doesn't have the id anywhere in it.

In addition to the world breaking, there is something in my storage folder that is messing with how the game starts up. When it loads in full screen, the game itself is shrunken down as if playing in a window. The image is blurry, and trying to fix it in options resulted in the game freezing. I suspect this is a separate error due to the game shutting down incorrectly, and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix it that doesn't involve nuking my save files.

EDIT: I managed to fix the second problem were the game UI was broken. I backed up my Universe and Player files and deleted storage on a new install. Then I launched the game to restore the storage folder. I closed the game again and added the Universe and Player folders making sure not to replace any of the new files with the old ones. That seemed to fix it.

I'm still having trouble with the world itself, though. I know what's wrong. There shouldn't be multiple unique IDs that are the same. I just don't know how to fix it. I have an idea as to what entity is duplicated, but I can't delete it manually because the world crashes any time I go near where it was. I don't know how to delete the duplicate.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019