1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue A bunch of crew problems.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Latias4Ever, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever Void-Bound Voyager

EDIT: It seems the problem is actually caused by an update on Frackin' Universe, so anyone who's having this same problem and has FU as well should wait until it gets fixed.

Up until today, I've been able to talk to my crew, receive benefits in my ship, etc.. However, I've turned on the game today after installing a couple of new mods (none of which affect the crew in any shape or form), and after the game taking a long time to load, I've found that I can't interact with any crew member whatsoever, no longer receive benefits while on my ship (like glow effect or regeneration), and one of my crew members is also missing!

This is the first time it's happened, and thankfully I backed up my universe and character before playing the game today, but even after removing all of the new mods from today, and restoring the universe and character, it's still happening, so I have no idea what's the matter. I also cannot recruit any new crew members at all.

Not sure if it matters, but the crew member that's missing is an Apex Commando, not sure if that's a class from Frackin' Universe or not, but she's gone, but still on my crew list.

If anyone knows what could be causing this, I'd appreciate the help.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Are you using the GitHub version? If so, I want you to try this:

First, make a backup copy of the \npcs\ folder outside of SB.

Step 1: Copy Crewmemberfuhunter.npctype and name it crewmemberhunter.npctype (and change the actual type inside the file to match)
    Step 2: Make a copy of crewmemberscience.npctype and name it crewmembergreg.npctype (and change the actual type inside the file to match)
    Step 3: Boot the game up.
    Step 4: Beam down to a planet
    Step 5: Spawn a crew NPC and attempt to recruit it. ( /admin, /spawnnpc (race) crewmember(insert_kind_here_ex:engineer)
    Step 6: Close the game.
    Step 7: Delete crewmembergreg.npctype and crewmemberhunter.npctype.
    Step 8: Restore the backup of crewmembergreg.npctype.
    Step 9: Boot the game up.
    Step 10: Check the NPC you spawned.

When I did this it suddenly started allowing me to recruit again.

3. isaachipkiss

isaachipkiss Space Spelunker

Cant find the file!