1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help A Bit of a problem: "This server disallows connections from clients with mismatched assets"

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mandalore408, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Mandalore408

Mandalore408 Void-Bound Voyager

So I've been trying to connect to this server but everytime I attempt to join, this message comes up

I've tried Reinstalling
    I've tried uninstalling all my mods and completely deleted the workshop files from my computer
    I've tried uninstalling the game, backing up my save files, and deleting everything in Starbound
    Reinstalling the game and reloading my save files.
    and allowing and disallowing Mismatched Assets in the options.

None of the aforementioned attempts at fixing my Starbound in order to join the server have worked.

2. BallC

BallC Space Hobo

I had the same problem but now have been able to connect fine without the "override" checkbox. Check the starbound log files on both the client and the server and make sure the "asset hash" is the same on both. You may have to edit the sbinit.config on the server to force it to load the mods in the same order as the clients until Chucklefish fixes this issue.

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/starboundb.../modded_dedicated_server_asset_mismatch_with/

Dunto likes this.
  3. Mandalore408

I'm afraid I may not be able to edit the server because I'm the client attempting to join and not the server owner.

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

You could ask the server owner to send you the snippet of the server log showing the mods loading, then you can reorder your client to match.

5. Mandalore408

The admin says there aren't any mods installed on the server

6. AwesomelyToad

AwesomelyToad Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same issue on an apparently Vanilla server. I hope this is sorted out soon !

7. Mandalore408

I fixed it, apparently there were modinfo files and MIDI sequence files in my songs folder.

Dunto likes this.