9th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 10, 2013.

1. I black

I black Aquatic Astronaut

Omni, you are a boss machine.

2. RicardRC

RicardRC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry for overreacting then. I find hard to understand written irony, even with a fancy drawing, it's much easier to catch it in facial expressions and voices, but my skills do not reach your level. But I did really disagree with the idea you used to ironize (not the irony). I come from a town where the most idiot is really considered the best, inside a country where the best ones have to leave because not even one local business invests a dime in research. And no, I'm not one of those. But valuable people I appreciate have to leave their dreams if they do not want to lose their familys. So I apologize for taking you as someone laughing at someone for beeing smart.
    You may have proven better than me by not imitating my fault and judging me from a paragraph or wrath. But I said incendiary things in a stupid way from a wrong impression.
    Sorry, but even beeing clearly smarter than me as I think you are, seeing the calm you use in your response and your hability to use sarchasm, you did exactly the same as me. Which is bad.
    And you should feel bad.

Peace.

PS: someone laughed at my spelling, well, thanx, It makes easier to learn a foregin language with such applied teachers. Maybe you would want to edit your post and add everyones mistakes, so you can educate even more people.

Some want the game to be as good as it can... some want the game to be out now. We all have some of both, ain't we?

(Also immature people tend to buy things before thinking, and it could give the devs more money, hence increasing the options of the game to become perfect++... so hype has its upsides too. I have a badge at the left side that tells that I was hyped. Why else would I buy a thing I do not really know how's gonna turn to be? But meh, that money pays Tiy's game, that's awsome in any point of view!)

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  3. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welp, he certainly draws better on a computer than I ever could...

Anyway, thanks for more of the in-sight Omni, love this idea of the grappling hook ;)

4. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Not really intentional, it's more like the unintentional product of 17-18 hours of work + 4AM + trying to explain something complicated + not bothering to edit + trying to get to sleep before the sun rose.

Spontaneo, Toryu-Mau, Sakaru and 5 others like this.
  5. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

Thanks so much for the technical update. It's nice and refreshing. I know what it's like to tell your superior you'll be able to get it done relatively quickly and then find out you won't be able to and stress out over it. And I really understand getting everything hooked up and coded properly only to find out you're using an unimplemented backend and have to rework your design to compensate for that.

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  6. RicardRC

RicardRC Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did not mean static pathing! I was just guessing that maybe the problem could be "reduced" to an existent pathfinding method, including some restrictions to dont make the rope change its actual side of the block in case one of many is removed and opens a shorter path... But I see that might not be a good idea... too many restrictions.

I think Omni is more stressed about us (the community) than his superior. Or maybe he just likes to do the work right and took this personally. Looks like everyone in this team are giving all their free time, their personal time, sleep, and I'm afraid to think that even bits of their sanity in order to create cool things and do them right. I think Tyi knows it. But hey, it's only an impression. Maybe he's a tyiran.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Khombhat

Khombhat Master Chief

Those are all good ideas, but I would like you to include grappling to other players so that we can use them as sort of mobile anchor points. People will listen to you, your name is an authoritative blue. :p

Also, great post! I especially loved the game references and that game clip where the little (girl?) was pulling frogs out of the whale's butt with a grappling hook, well, that was just special and it really clicked my like button.

I want to feed the Chucklefish some nom. :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. The_n00b_Daniel

The_n00b_Daniel Orbital Explorer

Seriously. I am exited to have both games at once. With Starbound and the Terraria update, what else will I really need for a while?

9. soul4heat

soul4heat Tentacle Wrangler

IF I could hug you.... I would.... with Grappling hook hardship and ALL! Work WORK WORK! EEEEVVVIIILLLLLLL..... grappling hook. DEFEAT THAT MONSTER, DEFEAT THAT BEAST! LET IT HEAR YOUR FINGERS AND HANDS MASTERING IT'S OBSTACLES and let it know... it will be defeating and another amazing piece of this universe will be completed.... You can DO IT OMNI! Why.... bc There is NOTHING Omni can't conquer. Let the battle end with a FINALE and let the rewards lead you to your next battle stronger than previously imagined!

THANK YOU MAN! HERE in the Family of 4 we all send you a <3 and a I LOVE YOU!

Toryu-Mau and Chaselock like this.
  10. Tauntaun_Taffer

Tauntaun_Taffer Master Chief

Thanks for the update. You and your team's attention to detail is going to make this game stand out above the rest. Keep up the good work! :mwahaha:

11. [​IMG]

...well, someone had to say this.

12. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Will there be Ninja Getups to go with the Ninja Rope? :ninja:

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  13. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

I actually remember that game from a dude on youtube I watch. Helped me instantly understand how the ninja rope is going to work.

14. soul4heat

NINJA'S AND PIRATES WORKING TOGETHER!!! WHAT HAVE WE DOOOOONNNNEEEEE NNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU .... well ok maybe.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  15. Eoghanpm2

Eoghanpm2 Star Wrangler

Cool update, thanks or taking time from your brief and valuable sleeping schedule to give us some tasty tid-bits :D.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Friendorpho

Friendorpho Void-Bound Voyager

And that is how ninjas go fishing..

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  17. blob

blob Orbital Explorer

Doesnt really matter but Worms actually did have mutable terrain while you ninja rope, since you could activate a mine while doing so.

RicardRC likes this.
  18. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Yeah, so does hedgewars, the guy who actually wrote the ninja rope code for hedgewars (he's a good friend of Tiy's from the looks of it), actually contacted me about it. However, he did mention that he didn't actually handle the case where the terrain disappeared. :) EDIT: Unless the hook's anchor point went away, of course.

blob, Eoghanpm2, Toryu-Mau and 5 others like this.
  19. soul4heat

Hmmm. I wish I knew how to solve it for you. Is there a way to have the item as a add and subtract event? Like it produces the grappling blocks to the ranged accessed block creating temporary blocks that subtract the character to the attached block and then reduces the attached blocks to the desired block that the person wants to connect with? then have it hold block till clicked remove to another block? Or a block layer maybe where the grappling hook block is a layered connected block till subracted and removed?

Toryu-Mau and RicardRC like this.
  20. Fatheed

Fatheed Aquatic Astronaut

Omni, why do you say things like this and keep breaking my heart? :cry: