9th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Zet0r

Zet0r Twenty-three is number one

It would be an awesome addition if you could shoot the hook at something, then anchor the other end on the block you're standing on. Then it would be a permanent rope that can be climbed (if going up/down), zip lined (if you have something to hold on to) and elevator (if you have a platform and a motor to pull it). The rope can be retrieved from either end if nothing is attached to it. :D

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  2. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

ive dumped 360 hours mostly by myself i dont have many freind with terraria well actually i dumped alot more than that because i played like 400 hours on my bro's account before i got my own

EDIT: i just realized i dumped 360 hours into the game, like the Xbox 360 lol but i have it on PC not console

3. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Not really, I mean his comment was stupid, and painfully worded but some people have a valid reason for being "now now now". Like me, I'd really rather not wait another two months+, because then I'll be back in university and not have the time to dedicate days to playing Starbound as I will want to.

That and perceived interpretations of what a "beta" is vary, some people think it's a basic working version of the game, some people think it's a polished version missing parts that are to be added before full release, others think it's full release, polished but requiring bug testing, etc. Lots of people, lots of different views on beta. Spamming never achieves anything though, though I kinda feel him, some of us did pay money for a beta pre-purchase, some rough dates, anything would be nice, perhaps list what needs to be done before beta release so we can watch as it is done on the daily updates, that'd make me happy bunny, and likely shut a few people up.

I just wish they would give a more solid ETA than '2013-ish' so I can start the hype train a few weeks before, rather than keeping it running for months. I'm starting to run out of fuel for it as bigger games creep over the horizon (Planetary Annihilation, GTA 5.), so, from that point of view I hope they release beta this month at least.

Toryu-Mau and Hunter Creed like this.
  4. AdenSword

daliy updates arent good enough for ya huh? they do the roadmap update once a month, it takes alot more time than just doing a daily update so it saves them time doing the daily updates

5. LastHazzerd

LastHazzerd Title Not Found

I like physics :)

Bars, Zet0r, RicardRC and 1 other person like this.
  6. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, now I am super excited for grappling hooks. This is how it should be!

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. AdenSword

i feel you i really do i want the game now now now too but i dont spam it like he does, i think everyone on this forum is EXPLODING with anticipation, i guess i should not have called him immature, i guess i was being immature by doing that

well my interpretation is a polished version missing parts that are to be added before full release i think that a Alpha is a basic working version of the game and i dont know if they even know what needs to be added because im seeing they say they are working on projetcs that they just thought of and started working on on the spot, of course those were sunday projects but still i dont know,i actually kinda feel i shouldent be talking about the game like this because I do not know very much about it aside from the live streams and the daily updates that everyone sees

well they really cannot give a real ETA at this time, maybe in a few (like 5 or more) weeks but i just do not think (emphasis on the think i do not know for sure) it is too close to being finished, i know i know im exploding too but i think we will just have to keep our explosions in our house not on the forums/IRC

Chaselock and WoxandWarf like this.
  8. Xotano

Xotano Subatomic Cosmonaut

you would have to make the script so that when the line is evening out after the block is broken it stops on any blocks on its path to the strait line, you should test it after you have the scripts all done by making something like this
    [​IMG]
    when the red X block is broken if it pops through the 2 blocks on its sides you know you still need to work on it :p

9. Naryu

Naryu Void-Bound Voyager

The way things seem to be going, you may wind up putting more hours into Terraria yet. With the new content update that will most likely be out before Starbound anyway.

10. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

When Kyren mentioned ninja rope on yesterday's update, I was expecting to be able to have my rope stand up straight in the air with me on the end of it (like I can do that with my ninja rope skills...), but this is pretty neat too.

11. Xotano

Xotano Subatomic Cosmonaut

i do so miss the silly things you could do on worms xD

12. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

derp1-300x187.png
    Glorious.

Bars and RicardRC like this.
  13. Tyocean

Tyocean Tentacle Wrangler

[​IMG]

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  14. Tyocean

Tyocean Tentacle Wrangler

I really do look forward to an advanced grapple like this in a game. Comparing the game's sophisticated physics to other games, you really appreciate how much work Chucklefish is putting into this game.
    I MEAN LOOK AT THE TECHNICALITIES.

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  15. mikekennedz

mikekennedz Aquatic Astronaut

16. mikekennedz

mikekennedz Aquatic Astronaut

I want to see glitch intro. :D

17. Leak

Leak Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

I'm actually pretty sure moving the point like in that diagram is just going to look weird.

What should probably happen would be gravity dragging the player down and that in turn straightening out the rope; I'm pretty sure it won't be in one-pixel increments, but so it'll look somewhat realistical you'd have to change all rope bits from the last corner point before the one that now vanished into rather short ones that swing independently and get tugged on by the player...

Xotano and Axe Garian like this.
  18. AdenSword

they said they wont release any more intro's :cry:

19. Vierv

Vierv Pangalactic Porcupine

I keep looking for the troll in this update, but I cannot seem to find it. :(
    Other than that, equations explode my mind.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  20. AdenSword

that is the troll

Freddy likes this.