Dev Blog 9th February - Under the Sea

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 9, 2016.

1. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

Let's just agree to disagree then lol
    I'll play survival hardcore, you play normal

Iron lungs? Wut?

jakecool19 likes this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Fine by me. But ill keep voicing my opposition.

Ainzoal likes this.
  3. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Your too young too get it
    Iron lung was a feard machine from the 50s that you was puted in if your lungs did't work basically said
    You can offend see it in old cartoons
    Also it may not have said iron lung it just a joke i thought would be funny to have in the game but it did say that they where made to simulate a living humanoid race (most likely the human race)

eksynn likes this.
  4. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

Down with the opposition! Viva la revolución!

5. Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

Speaaaking of Novakids, they still feel like they're getting the short end of the stick. They currently have no settlements, hardly any NPCs (aside from ONE furniture set and very rare random NPCs), and it doesn't even look like they'll have their own mission if the Ark is to be believed, and DON'T give that "Their backstory says they never settle in one place" excuse. They don't even have their own respawn animation for crying out loud. I get they were a stretch goal, but that doesn't mean they should be completely ignored. I'm sorry if i sound a bit mad, I just get really upset the the most creative race (in my opinion) gets barely any representation compared to any other race in the game, I mean, there's more FROGS at the Outpost than there are Novakids. Sorry for ranting, just voicing my frustration. I get the game is unfinished, I just want to know these things will happen eventually.

General Nuclear and PureTalon like this.
  6. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

????

There never were racial passives before, and the Hylotl could never breath underwater.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I also think you need to go back to the drawing board with those, but I'll be fine with letting this tangent die.

eksynn likes this.
  8. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i agree on both accounts xD but I'm on my phone, so I'll just let it die for now

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Joft: Give it time. It took them long enough to add novakid object descriptions. And let's not forget how long it took to add hylotl villages, just for comparison!

10. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Oh geez I've been looking forward to these underwater cities. They look awesome, and I need that Hylotl club and arcade stuff for my underwater retreat. :p

And glowing Novakids? Neat. Will the glow be different colors depending on the Novakid's colors? :p

11. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I want all the things in that first picture, IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOD!

12. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Been a little while since I've posted and I must say...

I remember when it was first announced that Novakid were going to glow... but this a lot more 'glow' than I was expecting. Don't get me wrong. I love the Novakid. They first won me over when they were allowed to craft guns—something unique to them—but the glow is at that point where is seems unfair to the rest. I was neck and neck for favorite at Glitch and Novakid, but now they take the lead. That isn't a bad thing, but it isn't good either. At least pipe it down or something.

Oh, and what about a respawn animation for them?

13. ProfessorDey

ProfessorDey Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any plans to reactivate access to the Matter Manipulator in Nightly over the next week or so? Or alternatively, does anyone know the aiaction required to activate it manually on a character? Having to spawn pickaxes for myself isn't exactly fun or immersive X/

hanleybrand likes this.
  14. Chloron

Chloron Subatomic Cosmonaut

onto more little abilities with each race, then. novakids shines, florans... regenerates faster? or something like that. But with only novakids that has abilities, it feels.... unfair................... :(............................................ Love you guys

15. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

On the somewhat off topic discussion of racials, Floran should be able to get meat from every monster and NPC kill, except on robots. Savage hunter and all that noise.

16. Remiarn

Remiarn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's awesome I love building underwater! Hopefully they make it easier to build houses/structures underwater but, either way I always felt like oceans bios felt a tad empty so this is a nice change. I think it would be cool if you had not just Hyloti buildings but, also like secret Apex bases where they conduct evil experiments(that's what my underwater base was).

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy Orbital Explorer

I like that very much. Also, speaking of sensible upgrades to the game's races that set the world right......how about adding an option/feature for Humans to be able to see (and thus approve of) their selected underwear color when creating a new Human character?... :cry:

18. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

Look what you've gone and done now, dug this old debate up again. I bet they barely glow any stronger than you do by default. The Hylotl cities look fantastic though, glad they're one step closer to finally being in the game, outside of nightly wackiness anyway.

19. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

SO LIGHT EM UP UP UP LIGHT EM UP UP UP IM ON FIIIIIIIIIIIIRE literally.

Leinad Werecat likes this.
  20. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Or new variation of clothes for races and some hair styles, gotten a bit used to the ones we have already