RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

Blessed be your soul. :slowpoke:

• markz6197

markz6197 Void-Bound Voyager

I never knew I needed these map edits until I saw this thread. Thanks so much for this @Karmylla !

Karmylla likes this.
      • Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the fact that you actually put the back up files. There's a lot of mods out there that don't have back up files, if I make a mistake, I can still changed. Sometimes when I make mistake and there no back up files, I have to re-download the game. Thank you for putting the back up files :3

Nunah and Karmylla like this.
        • IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for making this mod! These map revisions brought so much life into the game and I've been using them ever since. Also enjoyed your spouse room edits mod. Such wonderful improvements! :)

Karmylla likes this.
          • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Thank you so much for the kind words, guys! I will be updating soon, exams are controlling my life atm!
            I will say that I am editing the wizard's home and making it a lot more functional :p Also, his basement gets a makeover! Stay tuned!

Nunah, markz6197 and kimberly6979 like this.
            • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

That cellar is amazing! *leaves nice comment so she can find it later*

I think I got my edited spouse rooms for Shane and Seb from you. :3

Karmylla likes this.
              • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!! ATTENTION !!!

The mod has been updated!
                Finally! Sorry I took so long everyone! My exams are killing me and I've been editing these a little everyday when I got a little bit of time to spare, and I am finally done with it!

So, let's talk about these map editings because boy, oh boy, was this one hard!
                This update features the Wizard's House the Wizard's Basement and the Witch's Hut!

This final product was not what I wanted at first but some things, like the fire in the fire place, the green smoke from the cauldron, are hard coded and cannot be edited! At least, not like I am doing! I would need a SMAPI mod to change it like I intended and even that could cause some issues with the save files once you stopped using my mod. Due to this, I just had to do with what I had and, honestly, I'm satisfied!
                I wanted to give the Wizard House a cosy look, including a kitchen and a bedroom area, which honestly, why didn't he had them in the first place?! I mean, he's all powerful and all, he should be living more comfortably!
                I will also say that I edited the map this way because I know some people like Mr. Rasmodius quite a lot and are using Siv's Marriage mod so they can have him as a spouse. This editing will, hopefully, make him more appealing for your gameplay!
                Also, the Basement got a total make-over and I hope I didn't go overboard with it! The vanilla one looks so small, so I just had to make it into a working place for our favourite Wizard.
                Now, due to all my editing, the download folder also includes the Witch's Hut file. Since I changed the Warp location to and from the Witch's Hut and the Wizard's Basement, by editing the code in the witchs_hut file, there will be no issues with the warp system!

As always, comments are lovely, requests are always accepted, and criticism is very much appreciated!
                And if you find any errors, please report them!!!

Thank you so much for enjoying my edits!:whoop:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                  kimberly6979 and IronZelly like this.
                • Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

That sounds stressful. But the result is great as always. Finally the wizard has a real place to live. :love:

Karmylla likes this.
                  • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Just wanted to say these edits are amazing. Like, no offense to CA but you should be designing the houses for the game. lol Everyone has a bed now!

Karmylla likes this.
                    • Alvadea

I just had an idea (that probably even don't work, if there is a lot of hardcoded stuff in the rooms). I never married in SV on my own, but I saw on youtube, that the personal room from the married person stay absolutely the same after they went to the players farm. Very strange, how they copy their personal stuff to have it in their old rooms and in the new. I thought, perhaps you like to offer some houses, that looks more like one of the villagers really moved out. Perhaps Marnie like to use Shanes old room to storage her hay or something like this. Or perhaps some rooms only look more empty. I can imagine that George and Evelyn aren't interested in using Alex old room for something new. They probably would let the rest of his furniture like it is, for the case Alex like to visit them and stay for the night or something. :D
                      Yeah, as I said - just an idea. ^^

Karmylla and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                      • Oh my lord, this is so beautiful, could you make a version of the Pierre's store?

Karmylla likes this.
                        • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@LuthienNightwolf thank you for the compliment, I'm glad you are enjoying the edited maps!

@Alvadea Your idea is awesome! I know that Androxilogin is already doing a mod with this in mind, and we will hopefully work in the future to get mod compatible with theirs! I highly recommend you to watch their thread and comment your idea about Shane's room becoming a storage room after he gets married!

@Python593 thank you for your kind words, and yes! The Seed Shop is the next map I will be editing! So stay tuned!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                          • Alvadea

Ah I didn't know, there is someone on it already. Pretty cool! Thank you for showing me this. :D

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your edits are beautiful and I use them all, and look forward to seeing your new additions so much. :) Just to let you know in the Wizards house the position of the stool next to the cauldron will likely need to be altered. That exact spot is where the Wizard stands in the very first scene you ever get with him. So for people starting a new save it could be problematic! Also I noticed a spelling error with the boxes in the kitchen in Marnie's house. It says 'bootles of milk' rather than bottles.

Karmylla likes this.
                              • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey Meevers, thank you for the heads up! About the cut scene, I did play it and I did see that the stool gets in the way, but I actually liked it because it's almost like he's sitting on it! But I might just change it, if it bothers too many people!
                                And the typo you just talked about, the 'bootles of milk' it's in Marnie's house, right? Because the Wizard has none of that at his place xD

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah that's good, I was just wondering if the stool stopped the scene from playing properly but if it doesn't then I don't see a problem! Yeah the bootles of milk was in Marnie's. It's the boxes in the kitchen. :)

• buddy4life

buddy4life Void-Bound Voyager

I love every single one of these?? I didn't know what I was missing until I saw these, this is amazing work! I especially love that the cellar feels home-y.

Karmylla likes this.
                                    • marionettes84

marionettes84 Orbital Explorer

Why do some of the maps have purple tiles? StardewModdingAPI_2017_01_22_18_29_36_251.jpg StardewModdingAPI_2017_01_22_18_30_22_013.jpg StardewModdingAPI_2017_01_22_18_32_14_292.jpg StardewModdingAPI_2017_01_22_18_32_59_685.jpg StardewModdingAPI_2017_01_22_18_35_50_677.jpg StardewModdingAPI_2017_01_22_18_36_20_200.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
                                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@marionettes84 did you change the original tilesets that come with the game?
                                        It might be due to that, because most of the purple tiles you shared are all from the same tile - the blue cushion - the only exception being the refrigerator in Demetrius lab.

• marionettes84

marionettes84 Orbital Explorer

I don't think I did. But I have all the original files backed up.

Edit: fixed it. It was the TownInterior.xnb

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
                                            Karmylla likes this.