RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Would you consider adding an improved pet area/pet house?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I don't edit the Farm map because I think the community has already done a lot for us in that regard, so my answer for now is going to be no.
      Check the Mods section, many modders have changed the pet area and some have also added a pet house.

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Oh I've never seen one~ I'll look around!

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Just a heads up, I did notice the notes aren't showing the correct text with the XNBs replaced.

• Khandi

Khandi Orbital Explorer

I know the last update to 1.2 messed up some things for you and your great mod, but let me say how much I love it! I used the mod while testing the beta 1.2.20 (German Language) and was never able to read your notes (*sigh*) so I hope there will be a solution for this problem soon :)

There's one thing I have to show you. (I don't think it's related to the Beta)
            [​IMG]

This is Leah's 8 hearts event (Art Website). My sweet poor Leah is sitting in her counter. :cry:
            Maybe you can give her back her self-assurance ;-)

Karmylla likes this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh goodness, I completely forgot about that event, mostly because I just went with the town art show, not the art website x'(
              I'll have to change things up at her house again, damn :( But thank you for the info!
              About the notes, yeah, those will be an issue. In the future I'll try to work with others to offer translations to the map. That way, everyone can enjoy these edits :)

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Karmylla I just wanted to say all of your edits are fantastic and thank you for the amount of effort you put into maintaining them for the community! They really helped breathe some life into my game for me. :)

Karmylla likes this.
                • Khandi

Khandi Orbital Explorer

I'm glad she was not sitting in the stove *lol*

I don't mind having a bilingual game, so German translation would be great but not necessary (for me).
                  Sadly the game always said "Strings\StringsFromMaps: (plus the fist word of your note)" and then end of box.
                  Well, I have a Non-Steam-Version as well and maybe I'll give it a try :)
                  Thx again for your wonderful work ! <3

Karmylla likes this.
                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I just noticed that, dudeeeee! this is going to be so much work xD
                    I've already informed everyone at the A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff. Hopefully that will help some people out.

Thank you @Xuomi I'm glad you're enjoying my edits!
                    You'll just have to wait a little longer for the next update, manly because now things got more complicated with the new update xD

KThxBye910, Khandi and Xuomi like this.
                    • FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah the "Strings\StringsFromMaps:" Thing happens to me in english. It was fine before 1.2
                      I've already tried opening the .yaml files in StringsFromMaps.xmb and I can't find the text that belongs there at all.
                      (I'm opening the .yaml with Notepad++)
                      Should I be using tIDE?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I'm opening the file just fine, the text is all there.
                        If you are having issues you should report them here, or some other thread because it sounds like you are having issues unpacking the .xnb files.

• FarmerRen

I managed to get it to show me all of them. I'm not sure how to deal with the custom messages that were added to the home expansions in the town such as Sciencehouse and Sebastianroom though. Should I just type in entries under Sciencehouse that say what ScienceHouse.14: "Stereo microscope." #!String says but instead put .15 and use the same format so that all the messages still exist?
                          That won't mess up the file, will it?
                          It's a lot of work and I'm new to this...

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I have no idea, I haven't started editing the messages. But it's like with everything in life: trial and error.
                            Just keep trying, something will work out, and you'll learn in the in between.
                            Check the forums, there are a lot of info that can help you out.

FarmerRen likes this.
                            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!! ATTENTION !!!

THE MOD HAS BEEN UPDATED TO 1.2! FINALLY!

I'm sorry, I'm too tired to give you a rundown about what was changed, just check the main post for all the details.
                              A short little resume:
                              - Many more messages, yeahhhhhhh
                              - More maps were edited, yeahhhhhhh
                              - Added day/night immersion: not only do the windows go dim, but the floor lights disappear as well, yeahhhhhhh
                              - Added a new edit: Dusty the dog now makes an appearance in game, yeahhhhhhhhh
                              - etc. etc., please check the main post!!!

I want to thank everyone who reported errors, you guys are awesome, you get all the cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

I checked all possible errors, but I'm only human. If you find anything, please report them! :D

Also, I've added a little surprise for all the fans of @sallychan's fanfiction, Miss Penny! I hope you like it :)

Edit: A question, do you think I should add this mod to the NexusMods community?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
                              • Selektiv

Selektiv Space Spelunker

Hmm, I cannot find a download link. Am I blind? :(

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

You have to go to the first post and scroll all the way down to her zip files.

Karmylla and Selektiv like this.
                                  • partariothegoth

partariothegoth Void-Bound Voyager

I definitely vote for putting this on Nexus. I find it much more difficult to find things here and much more difficult to check about updates. I'll spend ten minutes looking for a mod here that I would've found in a matter of seconds at Nexus.

Karmylla likes this.
                                    • FarmerRen

<3 Thanks for the update! <3
                                      I was going to attempt it myself, and then I got distracted/burnt out making 2 ferrets as pet texture mods and had to take a step back from the computer.

Karmylla likes this.
                                      • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh wow, you've really outdone yourself with the update. The trailer edits are really good. Especially the little secret in Pam's room! :kawaii:

Karmylla likes this.
                                        • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the update! I did go a little over the top, but I believe it was worth it :D