8th September - Fighting Evil by Flashlight

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

It's firing "explosivebullet" an explosive bullet, it's been in the game for a while.. But this right-click style of firing is having it explode near where the cursor is/was (AWESOME!). Which has me quite excited for cluster bombs and such.

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if it was used before or not, may have been on legendary assault rifles when that was a thing?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Crashslays

Crashslays Void-Bound Voyager

All we need now is a scissor blade.

DaedricShadow likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Don't forget the scissor man.

SKISSORMAN!

Hatsya Souji and Crashslays like this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Remember that one word posts are considered spam under forum rules. Please edit some more text in.

DaedricShadow likes this.
  5. SilverDarkBlade

SilverDarkBlade Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yea i really love the new parallax. Being underground before made me feel trapped.. too small...

it would be nice to see a reload animation when you drain all your energy.

Spacedino likes this.
  6. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

I love the new cave parallax as well, it looks great. More so when compared to the old super-low-res grey and brown blob background.

There have been reload sound files for ages. I wish they were used when you run out of energy by firing a gun or something.

Spacedino likes this.
  7. I fully blame @Healthire for this. I asked him why, and he responded, "Why would you wear clothes as an Apex? Especially in a desert."

Kittails, Jonesy, The Squid and 5 others like this.
  8. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Hmm... I really like the rapid fire effect of the gun. That looks nice, however unsure what to make of the sword one; as for some reason seems a bit off. Unsure why. I like the general effect coming from the sword, just something about it seems off. Could be the width of the beam, or just the general shape.

Makes me wonder if we are going to have a sword that is just a hilt when held, but when attacking a beam will come out. Something I have seen in the "Slayers" Anime series with the sword of light. Or could be it has a blade and the special the blade temporarily drops to the ground tip first and then the beam comes out. Afterwards the beam goes away and you see a magnetic charge pulling the blade back into position.

Looks like a nice start on the parallax for underground, that I would love to see more, as much as the animations of weapons to come in the future. :D

The rifle one seems ok. That one looked decent giving a small flare up to destination.:)

9. Femmex

Femmex Industrial Terraformer

We get "Bolters" xD

10. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Play the nightly version.

11. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

quick question. was the fighting evil by flashlight a nod to sailor moon by any chance? it just feels like it is to me.

12. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

This.
    This is something which in my eyes would help a lot with the "same-y-ness" of monsters. Possibly that and more randomized monster "categories".

(Edit: This said, with the addition of large fish and birds, I do feel like we're heading at something very nice already, though and already had some interesting fight with some of the diverse critters I encountered :) )

Right now it feels like sofar we can always expect planets to have X amount of predators based on height and depths, and 1 non-hostile monster on the surface and one non-hostile critter in the underground's entirety. With, sometimes, different monsters styles(albeit still in the same proportions) for some of the mini-biomes. And finally 1-2 small bird enemies with 1 large bird enemies found on the planet surface.

It would be nice to see planets with more randomized diversity. Like some kind of planet where the environment is either mountain or -towering- forests(perhaps a new biome type where there are "supertrees" that can act as platforms and be built upon/within?) where -all- enemies are purely of various bird types on the surface and the like.

Also something like perhaps a form of "faction" system for monsters could be great such as the ability to have "herbivore-nonhostiles" and "herbivore-hostiles" that would be preyed upon by "carnivores"-types monsters without the need for any players interaction.

And a bit of stuff like a "monster" equivalent to NPC interactions, where you could see some monsters just.... do their own things. Herbivores just lazily grazing the grass, pack and herd animals interacting with each others within their pack or herd. Or stuff like a very large and dangerous herbivore who, like an hippo, might start stomping in warning to warn a player not to approach it further before going all out offensively.

But yeah I could see something like a planet almost entirely populated by herbivores species and be very peaceful if it was not for one very dangerous "Apex predators" species which could sometimes rush into the map as a planetary event of such. Like for a pack animal deal, see entire packs of the thing swarm in non-stop, trying to bang away at your colonies' doors whilst trying to get in if there is no other prey outside.... or on the other hand for a giant monster you could hear stomping very loudly before they come crashing into your sight, knocking down trees and buildings.

Stuff like migratory events where a bunch of non-hostiles birds just passing by in the sky.

Or maybe there's a pack of herbivore close-by and suddenly a large bird suddenly swoop down and attempt t carry one away.

Other categories of monsters would be nice like tiny swarm animals(like scifi rat and spider swarms) just going from one side of the map to another and being either nonhostiles or more rabidly so(think carnivorous animal swarms, or stuff like space locusts trying to eat all your crops).
    Worms types animals which could be found in either underground, water or even flying variants(space dragons, serpents and worms).

All categories that could be mixed into a "monsters factions" system very awesomely I feel especially if ever coupled with a monster behavior systems

Giant monsters are already confirmed, and I admit this is something I am very much looking forward to.

Cherry on the sunday would be something like a galactic logbook that would allow us to play Explorers a-la No Man's Sky and just name and catalog all of the creatures we encounter on a server. So that if someone else then encounter that monster, they already get the entry with the name you gave the monster with you credited as the discoverer alongside the planet it was found on(possibly itself named by the discover with an indication of which system you can find it in).

This might even tie into a reward system, awarding you pixels or other rewards for every X creatures discovered, or every X creatures of Y type found(like for every 10 new birds species found, you get X amount of pixels, or something like that, but for every 10 worms types creatures you might get a greater amount of pixels due to the greater rarity of worm monsters)

Johnnyloo and Hatsya Souji like this.
  13. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

Would like to have some random 2 handed guns get a flashlight attached to them.

Ludovic likes this.
  14. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I may have pondered about that myself <.<

15. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

You mean from Kill la Kill? Take a look here. The stats are probably outdated, but the sprites are there.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  16. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

17. porcelain

porcelain Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'd love if we could get twinblades! when you attack they spin! :')

18. Op-Tec

Op-Tec Subatomic Cosmonaut

SWORD ART ONLINE REFERENCE WHAAAAAAAAAAAA

DaedricShadow and Hatsya Souji like this.
  19. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

now...all we need is a Getsugatensho type sword beam [​IMG]

20. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

I see a potential Xenoblade custom sword coming.