8th September - Fighting Evil by Flashlight

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Rainseeker

Rainseeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd love to see aliens get triggered by other things other than simply getting attacked or seeing you. Like mining out their nest, or resources around them, or killing their mate/buddy, or startling them with a sudden movement.

It would be cool to have to sneak by a super-powerful sleeping monster.

2. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

Sure, sure. But when can we expect magical girl anime staff powers?

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

All of these new weapons are great and stuff, but why is it always a naked Apex testing them out?

4. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. davidlolcat

davidlolcat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Looks great. Speaking of parallax, I'd like to see background windows/doors that are placeable like paintings to give your ship or rooms an illusion of depth.

Godbot likes this.
  6. Crow Shadowhawk

Crow Shadowhawk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am LOVING the new Weapons stuffs.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Didn't you know? @mollygos 's updates have to be cleared by the Miniknog.

8. PixelDreamz

PixelDreamz Master Chief

Those looked pretty sweet !!

Well,...except maybe for the anime sword skill ... thingie. It just felt abit awkard 'n out of place, in the way that it was presented.

An orange light beam sprouting from the back of the weapon? Wut ? Seemed to unpolished 'n just ilogical to me.

What if the weapon would like, glow orange instead of whatever that was? Idk, just thoughts...

Maybe it looked so awkard due to it being in its development stages, if so then nevermind all the above :p

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Is that rifle shooting rockets? Like the Shock Troopers in Rise of the Reds?

10/10 would shatter their lines again.

sayter and DragonsForce like this.
  10. Hasu105

Hasu105 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Airburst...................Airburst!.................DAT AIRBURST!!!!! :sparta:

GET THE LEAD OUT ITS TIME TO FLAK!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

11. Adamiks

Adamiks Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that i wouldn't even notice another that-same-looking background if you wouldn't say that.

12. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

I think, that -You are LAZY !!!

13. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming 2.7182818284590...

That sword is awesome. Makes me think of all the possibilities for other weapons as well!

14. Mythekos

Mythekos Big Damn Hero

Wow, you're really creative!

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Everything is nice... pretty... the weapons are very interesting... the parallaxes were really, really needed... specially for those underground dwellers...

but...

but...

Why is a naked monkey doing the weapon test?! its most questionable... those lab ethics!

DaedricShadow likes this.
  16. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

Personally, I don't think it's fair to compare Terraria's combat system to Starbound's. I mean, the games are similar, but at the end of the day, they have fundamentally different cores: Terraria is about action and adventure, Starbound is about exploration and survival. Starbound probably won't ever get combat as over-the-top as Terraria, because Starbound's combat has already proven to be far more technical... Kinda like Megaman Versus Contra. Sure, they're both sidescrollers where you shoot things to death, but Megaman requires way more precision and what not. Contra's mostly about getting as strong as you can to overpower every obstacle.

But, uh. Yea. That's just my opinion. :cautious:

Corraidhín likes this.
  17. Da_TinMan

Da_TinMan Void-Bound Voyager

The underground parallax looks awesome!!! So clean!

18. PanzerSpace

PanzerSpace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In anime,you fight evil with sword of #$@^&**

In Not so-viat starbound
    ,you fight evil with flashlight.
    (In soviet russia jokes)

19. Sailo

Sailo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, now THAT is pretty cool.

20. GrayRains79

GrayRains79 Orbital Explorer

Alright, I know you guys just released a big update, but? I want these changes now!