Dev Blog 7th January - We Have a T-Rex

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 7, 2016.

1. thogrinn

thogrinn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

R_C_A^ and Hawk Novablast like this.
  2. z0han4eg

z0han4eg Void-Bound Voyager

Yea, yea, great, amazing, wonderful... Just add some challenge ffs!!

3. shampoo

shampoo Orbital Explorer

Can we discover a rare pet through this? (gotta catch em all)

4. Svanire

Svanire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What I'd like to see the most from this is if you could also display random items or armor sets using those glass display cases. I can't imagine that'd be super hard to do and it'd let you put all kinds of neat stuff in museum type buildings. <w<

General Nuclear and Tamorr like this.
  5. Astrih Konnash

Astrih Konnash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The fossils update plus the Fracking Universe mod (that includes awesome living dinosaurs) will make my day!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  6. Edenentern

Edenentern Void-Bound Voyager

Suggestion: Since SB is in the future some of our current animals should be available as fossils if they aren't already

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  7. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Reminds me of Animal Crossing with the whole collecting and assembling fossils bit. It would be awesome if the fossils could be re-assembled into weapons (T-rex Giga-Ton Plasma Blaster!). Otherwise I'm not particularly interested in this myself.

8. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These displays are sexy

What would be cool would be a MASSIVE alien leviathan skeleton.

General Nuclear and Hatsya Souji like this.
  9. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Then put a sign over it that says "Your Mom".

10. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

That's awesome!
    I really like how in Starbound, there are many things like Earth, but with a neat twist of alien in there.
    I can't wait to display my museum![DOUBLEPOST=1452207153][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's the dream, isn't it?

11. ikhy

ikhy Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe I've seen so many movies but opening a museum above a cemetery is not a good idea. This cannot end well.

12. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

I seem to remember poking around at this a week or two ago, so I'm not sure it's exactly news, but... have you finalized fossil spawning? I had only been able to find them on Lush planets.

13. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

a T-Rex? Oh come on, what does that have to do with anything. IF there is a t-rex then there must be an earth. How about making fossils of creatures in the game? T-Rex? I dunno... le sigh..

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Seems like a neat bit o' content to put in the game.

It will actually give us more reason to make buildings rather than doing everything in our huge ships.[DOUBLEPOST=1452210077][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Patience, young padawan.

They did say that we'd find "Alien" things too.

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

If you actually read what the post said, rather than just look at the pretty pictures, you would have seen that it was mentioned that there will be/are alien skeletons (Not playing Nightly, so I can't say if they've put in alien skeletons or not) and not just earth-based species.

16. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

That's a very cool update! And like the others say... I hope to see alien fossils as well!
    Heck,... maybe some old starbound race ancestors would be a great addition !

General Nuclear likes this.
  17. DragonOfTheStars

DragonOfTheStars Astral Cartographer

Gotta say, this is gonna be epic, I'm also hoping for revival features if possible!

And maybe, if I'm lucky, maybe I can find Antiquus Dracho :poke:(ancient dragon). :proper:;)

Can't wait, keep it up Chucklefish!

Hatsya Souji and Crossfang like this.
  18. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Frackin' Universe + T. rex fossil + guns with alt-fire/alt-function = ...

[​IMG]

General Nuclear likes this.
  19. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

If revival features won't be implemented. I know that some magnificent modders will make one.[​IMG]

General Nuclear and Hatsya Souji like this.
  20. cerberouse

cerberouse Void-Bound Voyager

Could we discover some ancient alien technologies through excavation? o3o It'd be awesome to come across a recipe, a complex one with rare materials, to make a flying-saucer vehicle e.e

Astrih Konnash and Hatsya Souji like this.