RELEASED 6/9/18 FULLY COMPLETED Pencilstab's Portraits (Character sprite edits available!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by pencilstab, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who's next?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Leah

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Sam

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Alex

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Haley

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Maru

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Sebastian

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Penny

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Well geez, as if I didn't already want to marry Robin...

• EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

I am in love with your style so much! Your Abby looks like she's got twice the sass she usually has. They're all great without changing the original design too drastically. Please keep up the amazing work! <3

pencilstab likes this.
      • Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahhh, I love them all! So happy to see that you're going through with the rest of the villagers. And don't worry about taking your time on 'em, it's a pretty big project after all and the last thing any of us would want is for you to get burnt out from all of the work. I have no doubt in my mind that everyone will turn out great, also I love the edits you did to Abigail and Elliot, your work is really amazing. I'm rooting for ya'! <3

pencilstab likes this.
        • spiritslive99

spiritslive99 Void-Bound Voyager

Yay, you decided to do the rest of villagers, awesome! Take your time, there's honestly no rush and you don't owe us anything- I am really excited to see everyone in your style, though~! Good luck and have fun with it!!

• Keneun

Keneun Void-Bound Voyager

YEEEESSSS! You're my hero!

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

File updated (again, today, soz for the spam) with 12 villagers

elebuu, macarai, Shellark and 5 others like this.
              • Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

You are doing such an amazing job with these. All of them are coming out so nice +w+

Small request though, and feel free to ignore it. Would you be willing to do a version of Abigail with the bow in her hair? It always bugged me how the base game portrait removed it while the sprite had it, and it is super cute in the sprite ;a;

• pencilstab

I can definitely try... I was actually attempting to draw her bow whenever I was making her portraits but it just didn't look right whenever I was sketching it, haha... But yeah, I'll see what I can do :)

Cimeni likes this.
                  • ReplacedAxis

ReplacedAxis Void-Bound Voyager

Nice Kim Possible look to Emily. Actually pretty dope

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

These are pretty sweet, thanks for sharing. Haley (wife) and Emily (forbidden love interest) are the best!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Pam and Gus, lot of hidden character there to try and convey.

• pencilstab

You're welcome :D I plan on drawing Pam's portraits today, and I've actually finished Gus- here's a preview:
                        [​IMG]

Colleen95, lilyeverlasting and Keneun like this.
                        • Landwalker

You know, I overlooked this earlier, and I imagine most people were probably focused on other characters as well (cough Robin cough), but those are probably my favorite George, Evelyn, and Vincent portraits yet.

• pencilstab

Oh gosh, thank you so much! I haven't ever really drawn old people, tbh, so I'm glad that they both came out okay (\(owo)/)!!

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Just wondering...

Where is this non-bearded version? o3o Not that I mind bearded-Harvey; I'm curious to see what your non-bearded version looks like~ Love this mod!

emirinsama likes this.
                              • pencilstab

There is indeed a no-beard version, but I haven't released the .xnb file of it yet, simply because, tbh, I am a bit lazy. I plan on doing an update after I finish ALL the villagers that starts putting out alternate portrait versions (like Abigail with a bow, Penny with pigtails/double buns since that's what her hair technically looks like... I think?, etc.) and so I will release the beardless Harvey portrait then, I think.

But here's a preview of what it looks like:
                                [​IMG]

Personally, I think he looks a lot better with the beard/stubble thing... Tbh I might also release a version with just a mustache, as well, since that's what his base game looks like, you know?

emirinsama and Acerbicon like this.
                                • Fatepawn

Fatepawn Void-Bound Voyager

love it. love your style but you still keep the essence of the characters BEst One so far :)

pencilstab likes this.
                                  • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, gotcha~ =3 Looking forward to seeing the rest of the characters done!

• pencilstab

[​IMG]
                                      ALL THE VILLAGERS OF STARDEW ARE DONE, WOO!

I still have a few of the other characters to do, but the huge mass of work is done! I hope you guys enjoy my mod so far and thank you all so, so much for the support!

Efa43, Valkjosandi, Acerbicon and 2 others like this.
                                      • Landwalker

So good. Just so good.

Your "change log" on the first post says you also updated some older portraits, but you didn't mention what those were. Any inside insights for the curious.

• pencilstab

I fixed Emily's face a little because it looked a bit strange due to the outline, adjusted Robin's mouth because it was a bit too low, and fixed a pixel on Lewis because it was sort of leaking :)