Dev Blog 5th May - Ursa Miner

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 5, 2016.

1. The Bugler

The Bugler Orbital Explorer

The Ursa Miner looks sick!

2. Druidmask

Druidmask Void-Bound Voyager

I love me some lore books!

3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

A- a- are those just mockup books, or is it all new lore!?

it looks beautiful *sparkling anime eyes*

Jareix Cryvix and Tatterdemalion like this.
  4. DizaumBR

DizaumBR Space Hobo

Awesome! Cant wait to play 1.0!!!!

5. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

I only got the pun due to Katamari Damacy.

[​IMG]

I personally always mine my own ore so I doubt I will ever use it. I play an exploring game to explore. Always nice to see this game get less and less linear though with every blog update. It take all kinds right?

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hard science fiction or no, a lot of things could be explained by convergent evolution and desire for uniqueness in a strangely similar universe. I just think a lot of those staff fire animations for lasers and other light effects could make do with a few beams connecting them to their staff before they can be fired... in a way it could also serve as a way for the player to know when his/her "spell" is ready to fire.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

like a red beam following the cursor and turning green when ready and vanishing when fired? I actually like this idea a lot! They could just use something like the matter manipulator beams for that.

8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

«Starbound Magics?»

What if this isn't magic after all? That some of our military hardware have even the tiniest matter manipulation component inside. When we're not using our weapons, the energy that circulate in our bodies, and on our equipment are being synthesized at idle time...

9. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

SOOOOOO stoked for update 1.0 stable. I cant wait

10. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I really like the swords one, Would be nice though if when hit they instead get stuck in the ground for a short time before they disappear.

11. FloranAndHobbes

FloranAndHobbes Void-Bound Voyager

Sssuddenly I am worried about where my Floran found a bear hat...

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

1). Keep up the puns! I love puns.
    2). Yay, the miner NPC won't be running around anymore, since the bears will have a kiosk that won't be moving anywhere.

13. easykiln

easykiln Aquatic Astronaut

Surely that is more of a sceptre than a wand?

14. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

when did the ore vendor start moving? for me every time i go there he is standing in the same spot as if his feet had been permanently fused to the spot.

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've seen him running/jumping up and down the ladders before. USUALLY he's standing in place, but I've seen him move before.

16. Lando_Stay_Beatin

Lando_Stay_Beatin Void-Bound Voyager

This will work well against like Raid Bosses. Needs faster casting and healing abilities for PVP and PVE. Also, needs Melee Staffs for awesome attack animations. Needs more clothes (EX: Kiritos Trench Coat, Neon Glasses, Tuxedos, Chewbacca Suit). I just really want to be able to look the way I want while I play the way I want. I don't know how to conclude.

17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Well the way I see it, Magic does exist in Starbound. It's just not really used at all.

The cultist shrines that heal you? No tech there, it's clearly magic. And enough proof for me that magic does exist in Starbound's universe.
    Not to mention the cultist shrines that heal you. Those are very clearly magic.

The way I see it, magic does exist in Starbound's universe. Just at some point Technology and Science won out over Magic, so Magic is basically forgotten. Even the Glitch Wizards probably don't know any real magic, but who is to say that they don't have a little?

I would love if the various secondary races were hire-able. Penguins, Bears, Frogs etc.

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Or a Status Pod that had been tinkered with and then covered with a stone chassis.

jakecool19 likes this.
  19. Tyler Tenebrae

Tyler Tenebrae Pangalactic Porcupine

More sentient space animals?
    I can't bear it.

20. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Haven't any of you heard of technomancy it's a form of magic that affects technology, Making things possible that the tech normally couldn't do with out the magic.