Dev Blog 5th May - Ursa Miner

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 5, 2016.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Any chance the codex menu can be revamped to be less... scrolling-forever-y?

An "unread" toggle, perhaps tabs (or toggles) to show only books about certain races or subjects (bosses, misc lore)?

Tazmaniac95 likes this.
  2. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

Can't wait to see the new codex (there's definitely some new ones that aren't in the stable version right now)

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The new mining store looks fantastic.

DaedricShadow likes this.
  4. Sheeps

Sheeps Void-Bound Voyager

I thought they were beavers :cool:

5. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

There is a limit to the amount of puns you can have in a game, and this game...this game has gone far past it. Not that it is a bad thing.

Jareix Cryvix and DaedricShadow like this.
  6. BluShroom20

BluShroom20 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Regardless, someone will probably mod this into the game eventually (and maybe some other Undertale stuff too).

7. losbstermoosegull

losbstermoosegull Orbital Explorer

I's so happy I'm late enough in the game to get one of those wands (at least I hope I am)!:badpokerface:

8. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

I have mixed feelings about wands...like, really mixed, but other things look really great.

9. MalfunctionSB

MalfunctionSB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

to quote Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

10. Starbound's never really been hard science fiction. We've got like... frog merchants and gnomes that vomit rainbows and stuff, y'know?

11. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

Ursa Miner, yet another fantastic pun. I'm really liking the addition of new weapon types and functions, it will definitely make for interesting modding opportunities. I already imagine the various projectile skins people will possibly be making for the weapons!
    Has anything like an in-game weapon modifier or editor been talked about over at Chucklefish? I'm just curious as to what you guys think of the idea, and if you've ever considered implementing something like that.

12. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

We need hireable bear people.

13. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

I like that you can aim the projectiles from those spells you showed. I never ended up using any spells besides the plasma shot and the exploding crystals, because all of the others were too elaborate to actually hit anything. And even then, the "good" spells were impractical, because you had to hold still and take damage in order to use them, so a melee weapon or gun was always a better option. The only time they were any use was if you were fighting enemies that were somehow unable to reach you.

These spells are definitely a step in the right direction. I hope we get more spells that can actually be used as a playstyle.

(Or, you know, I guess having a crew of NPCs on the front line might make spells more usable, as long as you can't kill everyone you brought with you by accident.)

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

[​IMG]
    This is an ursa miner.

Ursa_minor_ID_S1E6.png
    This is an ursa minor.

Learn the difference. It could save your life.

15. AsmodeanMage

AsmodeanMage Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, really 'digging' the guest animators work, it really adds stylistic diversity and new ways of catching the eye in pleasing fashion. Thanks for these last updates, its got me well and truly excited

Kennethern likes this.
  16. Mr.fool

Mr.fool Space Spelunker

these bears remind me of an certain show...

17. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I know this has probably been stated before, but regarding kiosk found on the outpost, think chucklefish could make mini interactive kiosk in villages with stores and shops. It be like furniture with NPCs actually going behind them and having an animation that verifies that the kiosk is open for business. That way players can tell they can shop there. Also when interacting with a unoccupied kiosk thats used by an NPC, they teleport there instead walking all the way accross the village and stands next to with the off chance of talking to someone who isn't a vendor.

Maybe this also apply to merchants, especially when deciding WHAT KIND of merchant they are (weapons, armor, food, mining, supplies, vanity, etc)

And Last.....are you guys going to do the same to the Mod merchant as well with their own kiosk at the outpost, maybe they can also sell tech chips. upgrade modules, and MM upgrade chips at 5000/7500/10,000 pixel a pop.

and perhaps make mods module (being able to be removed or replaced) or, be placed on armor instead of backpacks.......maybe even weapon modules......buuuut thats a stretch...and............other stuff.....ZzzzzZZzzzz

18. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait I thought staffs were some type of high tech weapon in the game. Is it magic?!

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nah, Mac's just disregarding Clarke.

20. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wanderful!!!