Dev Blog 5th February - The Taming of the Crew

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 5, 2016.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

*general nuclear* *walks back and forward* listened up Soldiers! i don't like you and you don't like me
    *one of the crew members*i like you sir
    *general nuclear* yeah yeah thats fine NOW SHUT UP WHEN IM TALKING MAGGOT!..now where was i ..ah yeah. now you all will be hurt, you! will be crying to mama and most of you wont survive and will most likely be cloned back to life when you die
    *another of the crew members* this wasen't a part of the contract
    *general nuclear* Quiet!... now! on our mission we will be looking for Loot!,Treasure!,Artifacts!,And Weapons! and anything Shiny! and you! All will hand it all over to Me! THATS A ORDER!
    *a crew member* um when will we get paid?
    *general nuclear* when i feel for it NOW SHUT YOUR PIE HOLES!... now if i catch any of you stealing or keep any of the loot for your self then i will personally execute you at the spot where your standing! so remember ALL YOUR LOOT IS BELONGS TO ME!
    *a floran crew member* angry Metal man do floran get to sssssstab thingsssss?
    *general nuclear* i like your attitude! yes men there will be lots of killing to be don
    *the same floran*floran no men floran isssss what sssssome call female
    *general nuclear* well here you will be treated like you where a man now but on this fake beard *gives fake beard* Then Shave it off! breads are againts the army code!
    *some crew member* *whispers when the general talks*heh would you belive this guy his is a nutc*gets punched in the face* *general* I HEARD THAT!
    *general*now if anyone wants out...*a crew member*i don't..*general*TOO BAD! you all sighed a contrack! Your ass belongs to me!

general nuclear would make a fine villain in starbound or any ohter game for that matter

come to think about it this is probably how most players would treat there crew member in the game anyway

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

...Bread? Are you sure you didn't mean fake beard?

General Nuclear likes this.
  3. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

[​IMG]

also
    *toad* sorry general nuclear but the princess is in another castle
    *General nuclear* *punches toad in the face* SCREW YOU SUCKAR I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE PRINCESS I'M HERE FOR THE LOOT! *beats up everyone, takes all loot,kills the boss because he was standing in the way then saves the princess by coincident*
    *princess* my hero *kisses forhead*
    *general nuclear* was that all a kiss on the forhead! no reward!, no medal! not even a salute! *knocks out the princess* then leaves with all the loot and her crown
    *suddenly huge explosions* slow motion walks away with out looking at it because badass suddenly sunglasses*

quset reward EVERYTHING!
    and thats how you make a quset

or like this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    2nd Lieutenant Raoni likes this.
  4. cerberouse

cerberouse Void-Bound Voyager

Please let us swap out their clothing, i wanna be able to put my soldiers in red shirts! D:

General Nuclear likes this.
  5. quakeman00

quakeman00 Pangalactic Porcupine

HYLOTH VILLAGES , UPDATE WHEN?

6. quakeman00

quakeman00 Pangalactic Porcupine

or letting us draw thier logo on thier shirt / sleeves?

7. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

i hope i gt to put whatever clothes i want on my crew i collect clothes and being able to put any thign i want on them would be nice

8. Daegraith

Daegraith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good follow up to the last post.
    Also: They're here!!! We finally have the Hylotl village!!
    Yesssss!

Next up: Novakid towns.
    And Apex ones too.
    And don't forget the humans. :)
    Every one of these posts makes me more excited for the full game.

9. Krebtron

Krebtron Subatomic Cosmonaut

You guys are play FO4, aren't you?

10. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

novakid towns. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YES YES THEY FINALLY COMING

Superfast103 and Daegraith like this.
  11. doctorqueue

doctorqueue Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If u red the other comment sorry:oops: I over reacted but Please don't like make up our characters backstory and stuff it takes more of the creativity in it. And I still don't have a matter mulipuator and I still can't play as my other characters. But yea could you make it less role play like? It puts way more creativity in it and its makes more sense when others play it with them. Me personly love making up most about the characters. Anyway thats all I can think of right now

12. cerberouse

cerberouse Void-Bound Voyager

Yeees! Like the sign builders, and being able to put it on the side of our ships! D:<

13. Krabbe

Krabbe Pangalactic Porcupine

1 Wohoooo! Hylotle villages!
    2 What is that “Rank:” thing? Ensign etc. What do it do? How do they rank up? And do it change their uniform?

14. sniperium

sniperium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So far so good :). just a quick test report so far for the unstable branch. I tested for a sec to see how far the basics have gotten.
    So far the matter manipulator is missing but I am really impressed :).

Good stuff I have been reading so far so I am happy that I am trying to test stuff for you guys and ladies :-D.

So far anyway I thought I would give you my thoughts ( and love xD ..... just kidding around there )
    Anyhow lets get back to the serious track of mind here though.

The ideas so far presented are pretty cool :) and I hope to be implementing them in the gameplay soon to test em for myself.
    The matter manipulator is missing so far. Pity if you ask me but ah well.
    I would love to have pickaxes for that matter if there is no MM on the options list.
    but thats my own set of ideas.

The nanite packs so far are awesome.
    You start out with the basics and thats pretty cool.
    Considdering mobs they have gotten a bit hard but thats prolly because its beta atm :).
    I would love to have a clothing store if thats alright.

Usually I go for the wings and a tux.
    It doesnt matter if you make it crazy expensive but that gives options to find em on planets as well :).
    A bit of a pity that the pieces are so hard to come by at times refering to clothing :).
    Plus sometimes I'd like organ rock for the florans xD.

Be posting again later when stuff updates again :).

sniper

15. Pumafi

Pumafi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want this so much! :D

16. sniperium

sniperium Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wouldnt it make sense that the HP bar of members would remain down when they died so that they need imediate medical help?
    same goes for the ship mechanic though. but thats only in pvp and mob attacks in space mayhaps......

we cant all walk around with amazing regenerative powers :)

17. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

sorry but you gonna need them to have legal ship licence

18. Kethus

Kethus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is the crew mechanic in the nightly? My tenants are still normal.

btw what's with the button activated doors within the underwater hylotl buildings? NPCs can't use buttons.

19. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Request/idea: crew members have permadeath on survival mode.

20. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Question in regards to the crew uniforms ▶ for the various jobs that one's crew will be able to take, will the uniforms be color-coded so we can see what they are at a glance?

An example ▶ generic/default = blue (same as original screenshot), white = medic, engineer = grey, biologist = green, soldier = brown, etc.