Dev Blog 5th February - The Taming of the Crew

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe if they die a certain number of times, like 2 or 3, then they will leave your crew and go back to your colony. This way they are not 'Meatshields'

2. Kexy Knave

Kexy Knave Cosmic Narwhal

The latest nightly doesn't give you your matter manipulator, lol.

3. Those are a whole 'nother thing!

Tamorr and General Nuclear like this.
  4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Its the video of Tox torturing NPCs

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's like you guys don't learn!
    a47.jpg
    You can't tame the Crews!

Lintton, Broconut, Crystan and 2 others like this.
  6. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

While I LOVE this idea of the crew, I feel that the possibility to customize their uniforms and equipment should be a MUST. After all, this is a game about customization and creation; why should all crews be damned to have the same cookie-cutter uniform?

I wanna have my own customized crew of space-faring badasses, and I don't want them all to look the same...

Tsuruda likes this.
  7. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

If only I could play the nightly build to see how this works.
    Cause I ether get disk read error when trying to get the nightly update or the launcher crashes.

8. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Called it!
    Though what will players that doesn't want to get crew do? Can they compensate those crew roles somehow?

9. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Its just great. With every new week I see new stuff that I always wanted to see in Starbound. Well done CF, well done! :)

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I don't even use the launcher :)

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

HYLOTL VILLAGES
    I'VE WAITED THREE YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT

Lintton likes this.
  12. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I read on Kotaku that this is better than Civ V with the Brave New World expansion pack.
    Now I want Terry as a crew member.

Kawa and Lintton like this.
  13. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

very nice VERY NICE!

The Squid likes this.
  14. AztecRock97

AztecRock97 Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe medic will heal we and our party if we add medic to our party

15. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

More like they demand "workman's comp." Namely they die, you pony up the pixels.

16. AztecRock97

and if there will spawn enemy villages that raids us sometime, we can have big figths and an order system for guards(patrolling, watching, following) like settlement system in fallout4.

17. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I hope this is paired with a huge increase to mission difficulty. For that matter, things like USMC bases (etc) should be really dangerous places that you should probably avoid if you don't have backup(unless they like you). One would expect a military installation to be a place you can't easily solo. Possibly they can even feature the same cloning technology you have on ship to just respawn the soldiers you kill(given a certain cooldown).

18. AztecRock97

maybe we need to feed crew and pet with survival addings so it must be job of chiefs

19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I just noticed something, soldier is a task, maybe their ai in combat is a little different from the others, or they have enhanced combat stats. I hope rank plays into making the crew more effective/powerful at what they do a la x-com.

20. Twin9aa

Twin9aa Void-Bound Voyager

they should turn evil sometimes and they will try to kill you thus the reason for the medic to heal you during the fight ORR if you do not want to change how they work you can add new one a resource gather like vines