1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed 5-10FPS...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Shidiwen1990, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shidiwen1990

Shidiwen1990 Star Wrangler

I have a feeling that we will not be amongst one of the quick fixes, probably closer to the last problem to be fixed... which is a sad truth :(

2. SandwichPie

SandwichPie Intergalactic Tourist

lets see what happen in the next time.
    I hope they will fix it with the next update :)

3. Shidiwen1990

They just literally said in their twitch stream, "So..... what should we do about the FPS thing?". The question was met with silence and confusion.

4. Shidiwen1990

Update - I fixed my FPS problems i am not getting 30-60 FPS, i changed all of the EXEs in my starbound folder to run as administrator recommend trying it.

5. Bessan

Bessan Orbital Explorer

"Launch starbound" doesnt respond when i did that, how did you do it?

Edit: nvm, got it working and it FIXED the fps for me aswell

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. Jhago

Jhago Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This started to happen to me after I changed compatability to windows 7 and enabled administrator to both exes and launcher in the steamapps folder (I'm running Windows 8.1). I had to do it because at the first playthrough, while I had no issues whatsoever, it sort of crashed (Runtime error) when I tried to save and quit. The solution worked, but the FPS drop was noticible on the planets. I reversed just the compatibility mode, and now both the FPS and the save and quit function are perfect.

Moral of the story: if you enabled compatibility mode, disable it.

7. Chompigator

Chompigator Void-Bound Voyager

Setting the launcher to run as administrator completely fixed the issue for me. The rain still makes it slightly eh, but the game is definitely playable for me now. If you're playing through Steam, you can right click Starbound and go to properties, then Local Files, then Browse Local Files and you should see a Win32 folder, then launcher folder. Just right click the .exe file and set to run as administrator under compatibility. Might want to set the main program .exe too in Win32 but changing just the launcher worked for me.

Hope this helps.

8. GrandTickler

GrandTickler Void-Bound Voyager

Shimo, Markie32, Envel and 1 other person like this.
  9. Shidiwen1990

make sure to change the launcher to run as admin as well. :) HAVE FUN ALL :D

10. Xepher92

Xepher92 Master Chief

Thanks alot GrandTickler, that tutorial fixed my FPS problem!. It was indeed locked as Vista compatibility in the registre.

11. FiraB

FiraB Void-Bound Voyager

12. Reyoness

Reyoness Space Spelunker

Setting all of my EXE files in my starbound directory to run as Administrator has solved all of my issues guys :D

13. Symethe

Symethe Aquatic Astronaut

Same problem here. Can't get above 20 fps, and I'm on a pretty high-end gaming pc.

14. Kalerad

Kalerad Tentacle Wrangler

All EXEs set to administrator
    Edited registry to get rid of Steam's forced compatibility mode
    Disabled steam overlay
    Ensured only 1 instance of the game was running.

NOTHING IS WORKING!!!! BLARGH.

15. pelisoli

pelisoli Intergalactic Tourist

How do you guys check the FPS? is there a hot key ? or a command?

16. OblakavLese

OblakavLese Space Hobo

If you have low fps around 10 can you check the starbound.log if it contain bunch of "Warn: Slow asset ..." because mine has it an it runs as a slideshow.

17. Kalerad

Kalerad Tentacle Wrangler

Yes I noticed mine did when I posted a crash log earlier.

18. IISethII

IISethII Space Spelunker

I tried the above with registry and compatibility mode and it still doesn't work =(

19. Tearees

Tearees Tentacle Wrangler

FIXED!!!!! Will you marry me?

Pd; I´m a Floran... I don´t promise I wont eat you if I´m hungry :3

20. IISethII

IISethII Space Spelunker

I had a look at Grandtickler's solution and unfortunately it doesn't work for me =(. I had no greyed out compatibility mode and I also tried the registry part aswell with no sucess =( Good to see it help a few people though.

21. Archalieus

Archalieus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.