Modding Discussion 40k Imperial Ship Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Daunt, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Daunt

Daunt Space Hobo

Currently under heavy WIP, I present my 40k Imperial Navy Ship mod:

TheDauntless_011419.png

Obviously plenty of work to go.

A little background
    After playing this game for some time (I'm relatively new to Starbound but have been enjoying it) I decided... why aren't I flying around in a 40k ship?? I've always loved anything 40k when it comes to their Naval / ships, etc. I was surprised I couldn't find a good Imperial ship for Starbound... and having made an FTL ship, I thought, why not this too?

Right now I'm working on the tier 3 ship - tier 1-3 will be a firestorm frigate. Of all the smaller ships to pick from, I liked the firestorm the most and wanted to make it work.

I plan to do the tier 4 as a Dauntless-class light cruiser, tier 4 as a Lunar-class cruiser, tier 5 as a Mars-class Battlecruiser, and their 6 as a Retribution-class battleship.

I'm hoping I make it that far. The small ship alone has taken a lot of time and as you can see, i'm only about halfway done.

Feedback is very welcome. I have not done a ship for starbound so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or something may not work as I intended.

2. Daunt

Daunt Space Hobo

Just completed the design work, along with what should be a working structure file and blocks.png.

TheDauntless_011519.png

Will be testing tonight. Hopefully a successful test means I'll modify this version for the T1 and T2 properly, then move on the T4.

3. DeadSomething

DeadSomething Subatomic Cosmonaut

woohoo :) keep up the good work!
    you're free to use my ideas for an imperial human race.