1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Modding Discussion 40k Imperial Ship Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Daunt, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Daunt

Daunt Space Hobo

Currently under heavy WIP, I present my 40k Imperial Navy Ship mod:

TheDauntless_011419.png

Obviously plenty of work to go.

A little background
    After playing this game for some time (I'm relatively new to Starbound but have been enjoying it) I decided... why aren't I flying around in a 40k ship?? I've always loved anything 40k when it comes to their Naval / ships, etc. I was surprised I couldn't find a good Imperial ship for Starbound... and having made an FTL ship, I thought, why not this too?

Right now I'm working on the tier 3 ship - tier 1-3 will be a firestorm frigate. Of all the smaller ships to pick from, I liked the firestorm the most and wanted to make it work.

I plan to do the tier 4 as a Dauntless-class light cruiser, tier 4 as a Lunar-class cruiser, tier 5 as a Mars-class Battlecruiser, and their 6 as a Retribution-class battleship.

I'm hoping I make it that far. The small ship alone has taken a lot of time and as you can see, i'm only about halfway done.

Feedback is very welcome. I have not done a ship for starbound so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or something may not work as I intended.

2. Daunt

Daunt Space Hobo

Just completed the design work, along with what should be a working structure file and blocks.png.

TheDauntless_011519.png

Will be testing tonight. Hopefully a successful test means I'll modify this version for the T1 and T2 properly, then move on the T4.

3. DeadSomething

DeadSomething Subatomic Cosmonaut

woohoo :) keep up the good work!
    you're free to use my ideas for an imperial human race.