Dev Blog 3rd February - Painted Love

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 3, 2017.

1. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I really don't understand why this isn't a thing.....mods can change the ship rather easily so it's beyond me why ChuckleFish didn't implement an option during character creation to let us select the ship we want. Now it's unclear what the "NPC ships" teased for 1.3 are exactly and they may well turn out to just be set piece dungeons(which would be a bit disappointing imo) but they REALLY should look into giving us ship options at some point, whether in this update or future ones. The crappy "train" ship makes the novakid unplayable for me....same with the "castle" ship....neither of which make any sense whatsoever.

2. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

"Get in the frackin' robot, Koichi!"

If anyone of us have the Koala-era Starbound assets, get ready for some serious updatin' and kit-bashing!

Or what if... we turn old Koala-era monster parts into robot pieces too?

3. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

DragonsForce likes this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Got 'em!

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

we actually have something like porpulsion(test) system in space....
    altho i dont remeber its name....
    it does however have 2 things in common ,
    1. Its 2handed
    2. Its special is called rocket spear
    :p

acutally you can already test flying in 0G go download Frackin unverse make some things for it and go to asteroid (example) where 0g is play with your heart

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
    DragonsForce and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I know, I have, but I'm referring to adding more in depth mechanics and movement possibilities. Gravity zones would be especially cool. Have the playermodel rotate to it would be easy.

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

If there is an atmosphere in your space, that actually does work... Not quite as well as shown in the gif at 1bar airpressure, but it works.

9. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

definitly if movement keys would change to "thrusters" the second you enter 0g it would not be that bad
    the only question is if it played better(read as: more fun)
    or that all but up button would not work so you (lets say thruster would be on boots) so with side thrusters you would rotate left/rigth and then just move foward

or find some other ways it could work

honestly i think if you just had all around thrusters it would be conveniet, but not that much fun
    all 4 side thruster would also make it impossible for monsters to hit unless there was something in way or if they had some insane AOE attacks

but in the end anything would be better in 0g than just saying:
    hey, they had on feet magnetic boots from the very begging so need to bother about 0g!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'd prefer true 0g and 0 atmosphere, so there's actually a reason for a player to want a randomly generated weapon besides high DPS. Also, because I want to see how fast a degree of player movement the game can handle before it crashes.

11. Knusperkruste

Knusperkruste Subatomic Cosmonaut

the human/apex mech legs would look awesome on this...i dont like those tiny legs you see atm

12. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Yeah... really sucks, because I keep thinking about how well such a feature would fit the unique sci-fi theme of this sandbox...

13. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Those legs you like would not work at all with how irregular the terrain is on planets. That's the point

Because everything in this game is oh so realistic to science. You have no basis.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
  14. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Man if these mechs make it so meteor rain isn't basically insti-fatal, hooray.

I mean, I don't think you should be impervious, especially against the big ones, but still. Fighting chance.

15. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

my god, reading throught the sxsw nominations just gave me the worst kind of cancer

seriously, overwatch here, overwatch there

in 4 cathegories this game doesnt even belong there
    but hey, fanboys be cancerous fanboys, as long as the majority eats it, there is nothing anyone can do against it, geez

on a side note, nice to see mechs coming to the game, i smell shelter from acid rain :3

Space_explorer and 5future like this.
  16. Corverean

Corverean Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will glitch mechs get crazy oversized melee weapons?

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nice tautology, bro.

Maethendias likes this.
  18. jrobertocunharr

jrobertocunharr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man, I love starbound but that dragon cancer will win, this game is just beautiful

19. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*interstellar pimp my ride playing in the background*
    :iswydt:

20. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I'm surprised no-one mentioned the XS-Mechs. That update just seems like a collaboration with them, since they have a load of different mechs, that can be painted too.