3DS Port?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheRaven81, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Would you buy Stardew Valley if it came to Nintendo 2/3DS?

1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No.

11.1%
  1. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

I think this game would make a nice fit on the 3DS, and even benefit from the 2nd screen, so that you could open the menus and interact with them that way. Just have it blank at the bottom and have the menus appear after a button press. Many games do that - like Animal Crossing New Leaf - screen is themed blank, but shows several tabs for the menus still, a button press opens the inventory tab, and it's a super easy way to manipulate everything by touch.

And, contrary to popular belief, the system is still FAR from its End of Life. There's plenty of new games coming for it(even if some of them are just remakes), and tons of Indies are on it. I don't see why Stardew couldn't join them. I wouldn't even care if it had to be New 3DS only - my personal unit is a New 3DS XL, so you'd still have money from me. Why don't I get it on Switch? 1. I don't own a Switch, 2. I don't think it's worth buying a Switch purely for Stardew. 3, I already have a 3DS, it only seems natural to want it on a platform I already have.

MDwesman and toriningen like this.
    • MDwesman

MDwesman Intergalactic Tourist

I agree a hundred percent that this game should be on 3DS, some people bought the 3DS and then switch came out and people don’t want to waste the 3DS they bought, so there must be millions of people who want to play Stardew Valley on their 3DS but don’t want to waste their 3DS by buying the switch. If I could get the game on my 3DS I would play all day on it, I’d definitely buy the game, lots of people would like to play this game on a pocket device, I mean you could play on your phone, but I’d enjoy it far more on a 3DS even if it had bad frame rate.