Dev Blog 2nd February - Crews Control

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

What about Avian Tail Feathers?

Kelthazan likes this.
  2. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Interesting... The fake licenses work well for RP especially if other players get ship licenses the "proper" way. Anyways looking forward to forcing having my crew follow me anywhere on a mediocre adventure! ^~^\

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Or those who aren't even in the Protectorate organization ;)

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. newtonsolo313

newtonsolo313 Void-Bound Voyager

This is going to make for some... Weird crews
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Axe Garian likes this.
  5. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

dang it i put colonial deeds on my ship to spawn people to be my crew now im gonna have to kick em all off and find new people

but at least i can have my new crew follow me and help me on missions so WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  6. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

so...how do i get the fake license?

7. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Now...we need roles. If you are the captain of the ship, perhaps you can have crews working on certain parts of the ships. Medical staff heals you for a cost, for example. Expedition crew follows you around and collect loots for you, dumping them in a designated container when returning. Engineers tune your ship to either go further with the same amount of fuel, or use less fuel for jumps, or even create vehicles. Scientists will develop new techs for you and upgrade gears. And so on.

When buying licenses from the penguins you also get to buy terminals that serves similar roles, such as medical terminal, scientific terminal, etc in place of them so you don't have to collect NPC if you don't want to (Expedition crew can be replaced by pets or drones purchased from a terminal).

Axe Garian and n1t3n like this.
  8. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

The question is... will we be able to recruit penguin lords ?

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You'll never catch me alive! Commits seppuku

10. JacobDaGun

JacobDaGun Void-Bound Voyager

So...is everyone mad about this or something? I think it's a neat little idea, and it would add a bit to the game as a whole.

11. newtonsolo313

newtonsolo313 Void-Bound Voyager

Someone is always angry about the new update
    [​IMG]
    -picture from xkcd

Relten, Auraknight, Lintton and 4 others like this.
  12. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This seems good, if you do it right. Perhaps be able to control what each crew member is doing through sail. They could organize chests or play with your pet, or a bunch of other things. You should also be able to bring them on planets for a purpose other than following you and dying. Depending on the type of NPC, you could have different jobs fore them. Mining, building, protecting an area, catching creatures and more. If you bring a merchant, they could sell things to other NPCs and give you part of the profit. This has the potential to really improve the game!

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

But what is right?

Don't answer that. You can't. Noone can. Right, @newtonsolo313?

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Fixed. :p

:rofl:

Quoted for truth!

Now that I think about it... what even IS the "Protectorate"? :confused:

15. emeraldgreen72

indeed it does the question is will the apex that spawn when you have a colony deed and tech stuff around be able to make robots to help guard him while he mines

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Superfast103 likes this.
  16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I love it! I'd like to hear more details on it! Even if I don't visit multiplayer I can get a cool looking crew going.

I've been looking for expansions on the colony system and this is the sort of thing that gets me so into branching out to more places.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
  17. mrmthood

mrmthood Void-Bound Voyager

Wait, what if we already have a ter? tir? teir? 8 ship? is there a upgrade (so then i wont make this long) 9 ships now?

also, another neato idea is that if your not shure or to lazy to go to the planet, you can send up to 3 members to go and look for some items in dungons, mine, or just make shure the spawning grounds are safe and you wont be attacted emedietly

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
  18. emeraldgreen72

im the type of man who explore planets not let someone else do so with out me i just hope they crew members can help me find chests while im on planets

19. LachlanYT

LachlanYT Poptop Tamer

Is this gonna be in the newest update that is upcoming?

20. ProjectRay12

ProjectRay12 Phantasmal Quasar

I would like to suggest adding a "warp" effect for each crew member you have with you in the loading screen (the space screen where it shows your red glowy form), so it actually looks like they're warping with you.

Axe Garian and Superfast103 like this.