Dev Blog 2nd February - Crews Control

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

My first question is what'll happen to people who make collonies on there ship? I know that's what _I_ do...

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. jhamer05

jhamer05 Void-Bound Voyager

This is a really cool start. I like a lot of the suggestions here and it made me picture something for progression.

Don't know if someone has already said all of this, but I’d like to see the hunger and survival systems built into the crew as well. You should start off having to gather food and cook for them so they don’t all starve. Then later on you should be able to assign a crew member as a cook so you don’t have to do it yourself, but you’d still have to provide ingredients. Then later you could assign farmers and hunters on a planet that would make deliveries so you don’t have to do that either.

This could be a focus of an alternate progression route and hunger/survival would be the focus of just the first 2 or 3 levels. Maybe when your crew is well fed they start to level up and open up new crafting capabilities, like having an engineer that will upgrade your crafting table.

3. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh nononono, I didn't buy any fake licenses. I don't have to be arrested. I magically make them appear from thin air by saying /admin.

Relten and Solzucht like this.
  4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Stop right there, criminal scum!

5. bobsthname

bobsthname Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, to the infinite reaches of the galaxy, and back to the homeworld. If there is one thing I hate more than required building to make a certain NPC spawn so you can continue the game, it is then having to kite them across the known universe with me. Now I can tell them to sod off, and just dump some diamonds into the nearest vendor to have the same effect. This game gets better and better with every update I've seen.

6. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a great update. As others have stated, a way to upgrade and give crew members armor and weapons of their own would be really awesome. Will these crew members be able to accompany you to planets to help on adventures? Maybe two or so?

Edit: NVM. Just read that crew members will eventually be able to join you on planets.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's just one problem with all this.

c4b.jpg
    WHOEVER SAID CREWS COULD BE CONTROLLED?

8. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Agreed. Being able to power up through the honest hard work of Building instead of 'shady dealings' is my cup of tea. :)

I would LOVE a Farmer NPC to do my Farming for me SO MUCH!!! :love:

You're right, we need a way to kick our Guards in the buttocks if they're caught lazy, & if they REALLY suck at their job, maybe a way to Fire them... with a Flamethrower! :fireball:

Yep, lookin forward to bringing my Pet & a Soldier Aid with me to a Volcanic Planet & watching them freely willingly jump into the nearest Lava Pool & sit in there till they're literally toast. :p

Daegraith likes this.
  9. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Yeah, looks like that's what's implied from the video.Being about to outfit your crew would give a lot of purpose to the loads of extra weapons and armor we store in the meantime. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  10. Burnalot

Burnalot Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting feature. I just hope it will be more to it. Ship station assignments or perhaps something else space related.

Wonder what happens if some random space slugs decided to board your ship... :viking:

Axe Garian and Spritley Jack like this.
  11. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Maybe different NPCs that you hire to be on your crew will do different things, maybe related to what they did previously? Maybe you can upgrade your ship into different kinds of ships, depending on the crew you have?

12. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also overlooked the video... :facepalm::zzz:

It would be nice to be able to set a couple of "tethers" so that guards could patrol a certain area or be confined to an area for particular set of time. Then for another set of time they would have a "break"... not sure how do-able this is...

Farmer NPCs = :up:

Will there be tiered Protectorate armors? :nod:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Not even Terry can control Terry!

[​IMG]

Axe Garian and Kawa like this.
  14. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

It would be great if there was more survival gameplay. It would be nice to have the building a colony gameplay more of a challenge. I feel like the more you build the more monsters should spawn and try attack you and destroy your building. Bring back that fire rain that burnt everything that was wood.. that was pretty cool.. It would be nice to see more extreme weather randomly while building once and a while a wind storm or acid rain or something.

for colony gameplay, I It feel like the more blocks you build with and place down, and room you make should automatically make colony npcs spawn in the screen, like monsters do, without having to have a npc deed. I also feel the the npcs should often give you more experience. It would be nice to have the more rooms you have, especially within a room, the more monsters spawn onto the screen and attack you.

15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

They're making tethers for pets, so it's incredibly doable.

And yeah, put in another vote for please let us outfit our NPCs as we want. With all the extra weapons you can find, all the armor you can craft, and Vanity items you can gather, doing more with it than toring or selling would be fantastic. Coming up with neat outfits is one of the little things I really enjoy about this game, and I'd like to apply that to a ship crew. (Especially since in my head, my main isn't Protectorate-affiliated. Not against them, just... not with them.)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Axe Garian, Tamorr and Hatsya Souji like this.
  16. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

IT would also be fun to somehow be able to list people who are on /pvp mode.

17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That would be a great idea, considering they are a multi racial organization, it would make sense for em to have a dresscode(that would be conviniently broken for protagonists, the nakama, five man bands, and ningen teenagers.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    Hatsya Souji likes this.
  18. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

I also hope there is a no mods allowed version of multiplayer.

19. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

Just realized that unless you want crappy framerates, we'll have to use the fake licenses. PLEASE OPTIMIZE THE GAME

20. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

I think you should add that you can request crew members to follow you and when they are following you if you warp they follow and the animation changes to show how many are with you. other than that awesome! I love it!