Dev Blog 29th February - Clueless

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Sorini

Sorini Void-Bound Voyager

I remember watching the devs stream before and they were answering a couple questions and the chat were typing in their own theories about why the novakids might not have a key etc. and well it seems like there's an actual lore behind it, not just because they added them as a bonus. I have no clue what they have in store for us but I can't wait!

2. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was playing around with this in the nightly, and it definitely needs some work. When you go to the Ark (which is now part of the Outpost) Ester is standing in front of the big gate thing. You talk to her and she asks you t find the Floran artifact. No introduction or explanation of what the artifact is. I know they just added it yesterday, but I hope it gets much better.
    Also BALLISTA! They are the best things ever.

3. BADAXE

BADAXE Aquatic Astronaut

I inspected all object in village. But anything not changed. I think some object was not appeared in floran village. So i can't progress quest. you guys too?
    sorry for bad english.

4. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

In before people complain that the new story quests are too hard. You know there's going to be folks out there who just do a bunch of quests and then get their faces torn off by story missions, because they're no longer required to have certain tiers of gear.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

People are always going to be butthurt. Some are often winy brats while others often actually just want to be upset.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

All about that Connecticut heritage radio

WINY (1350 AM) is a heritage radio station that transmits in AM stereo on 1350 kHz and is owned by Osbrey Broadcasting Company. It operates during the daytime with 5,000 watts of power, and at 79 watts nighttime. Its studios and transmitter are located in Putnam, Connecticut. -Wikipedia

I'm just happy the game is being worked on, and we are being told about it. Many of my friends who played the game dropped off in the entire years of inactivity the preceded some of the earlier stable updates. It's a very down to earth feeling, feeling connected to and being able to talk to the Devs.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Combozone and Kawa like this.
  7. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

But I do not know how to pronounce there name what I else am I meant to call them they live in a mushroom or shoom biome plus every weapon or set of clothes you find is has the word shroom in it wild shroom hat shroom axe shroom short sword even one of them a sold me things that had the word shroom in it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  8. Sean10M

Well fungus people is probably fine I'd imagine as fungus encompasses the whole kingdom.

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

you could just go the punny way and call them "fun guys"

10. emeraldgreen72

Ok cause if I could not come up with I good name I was just gonna call them toads thank you but your southern bell is in another town

I hope they will re add revolvers I just do not feel as cool with out my revolvers cause it's almost a trade mark for most adventure character or outlaws or etc to have 2 pistols and I know there are pistol in the game but no pistol quite looks as good a revolver cause lets face it revolver are one of the coolest looking pistol made in history. six chambers and if your lucky six people dead nothing quiet feels better then that tho I guess some revolver have more then 6 chambers but still

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
    Axe Garian and lemon flavoured like this.
  11. Sean10M

Indeed. And revolvers go really well with the Novakids. It looks like crossbows might be coming back. That's good to know. I quite like crossbows.

Also outlaws for the win.

12. emeraldgreen72

I hope they re add the crossbow it looked quite nice and fit with not just one but 2 or 3 races

13. Sean10M

Indeed. Plus its the most useful and coolest hunting weapon in my opinion.

14. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Finally I don't have to wear specific armor to progress! I wonder if the Dragon and Jelly boss will be implemented again. Also I miss the some of the old stuff like the tentacle planets as weird as they were.

15. Sean10M

The old bosses probably won't be. Tentacle planets might considering what happened to Earth, that tentacle boss in the files and the architecture in the arc these tentacle creatures might be the main antagonists of Starbound.

16. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Probably, but I am still hoping to see the Dragon possibly return since the files are located in the boss folder in the Cheerful Giraffe unstable nightly.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Sean10M, @L3W: Bone Dragon is in the Glitch Artifact mission.

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Sean10M

Really. Cool.

19. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Ah I see. I haven't really tried to look for the artifacts because I have absolutely no idea where to look. So, I haven't had the chance to do the missions (if they are even fully implemented yet that is). I saw what the artifacts looked like in the files though.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Fully, no. Playable, certainly!

Axe Garian likes this.