Dev Blog 29th February - Clueless

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I love the way the story is fit parallel the crafting progression. That current plan using Inspection sounds far less tedious.

It's more than likely to be way too late to say this—maybe offensively so—but does anyone else feel like it would be more immersive
    for the ship AI to be the one describing things that are Inspected
    instead of the player themselves?

I've always wanted to play a Novakid, but whenever I would see the actual... cowboy dialogue I would be kind of taken aback, you know?

I'm sorry that it took me this long to say this.

2. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

"I love it!" -Anonymous HorseMan

Ferretic and Kawa like this.
  3. engiSonic

engiSonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Esther is fantastic. That's, uh, all I really have to say about it.

lemon flavoured and Lintton like this.
  4. PropaneSlam

PropaneSlam Space Hobo

What version is this? Is this nightly unstable? I play on stable version

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Nightly and Ustable are separate builds. New content generally reaches Nightly first, albeit in a heavily work-in-progress state. Unstable is basically the stepping-stone between nightly and stable, and is usually updated in the leadup to a stable update.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I hope this also means that a heat system will come back. If we aren't tied down to certain planets for the story's sake, figuring out how to overcome adverse climates to explore new worlds might become more interesting again.

Axe Garian and lemon flavoured like this.
  7. magi093

magi093 Aquatic Astronaut

Plot twist: Esther is a vessel for the thing in the Ark

8. Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

There appears to only be room for six artifacts though, meaning one race is getting the short end of the stick. The only race we have not seen a mission for are the Novakid. :cry:

"With the help of a Novakid desperado (or a few), you take down a large convoy of rogue Novakid smugglers delivering the artifact and some other illegal wares to 'insert big-bad here'"
    I'm giving you that free of charge.
    Plus I want to raid a space-train. X3
    Choo Choo.:nod:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Joft, do you have something against red starfolk or did you mean "rogue"? :3

Relten, lemon flavoured and Jonesy like this.
  10. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

is it bad i see this as nothing more then a fetch quest? also i'm with joft on the raid a space train choo choo!

11. Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

whups
    i dun spelling goofed.

12. darkmateo

darkmateo Void-Bound Voyager

I only play stable so i'm definitely psyched for ALL THE NEW STUFF. I think anyone worried about whether "this" blends well with "that" need to remind themselves 1.0 is not the End, but the Beginning lol

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. mrmthood

mrmthood Void-Bound Voyager

I do like this idea, but why not get a quest that makes you go and hunt someone in there ship? like say, you know how the
    glitch have cannons on there ship? lets put that to use. and for ships that don't have cannons, you could add some! like the novakid could have a cannon like in Legend of Zelda: spirit tracks! it would look pretty cool. just have this giant space cannon ready to fire
    and the way you would aim is you would get to the ships seat and a gui would pop up. then you just click wherever you want to shoot! and say they fight back, you could get the ship to land on a planet and you would have to fix it yourself,or you can do the magical penguin thing, where you get some core fragments and go give them to sail. and mabey you could have random incounters in your ship, like say, ulc (unidentified living creature) comes in, space bandits, etc. and this all depends on what mode your in. if your in casual, it will only start happening when you have a 3 member crew, normal happens after you kill the first boss, and in hard mode, it happens frequently, and when the game starts. but when the game starts, its in the door, so you will have some time before it breaks the door open.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  14. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

i hope that they use the ability to track down locations and stuff for more then just missions going back to my bounty hunter idea it would be cool to use this to track down the target your after know where they have been or go so that you can take them out

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

I play stable and unstable so I can't wait for the unstable version. This should be cool to try.

Oh btw. The space suite pants don't dye properly. When I colour them with black dye for example they turn pink.

16. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Didn't you know? World known dress designers have changed seasons again.
    So, Pink is the new Black.

Last year was: "Red is the new Blue" and next near will be: "Yellow is the new cool". ;)

These designers are so creative. ;)

17. gearbyte

gearbyte Aquatic Astronaut

all I want to know... is where I can get one of those hoverseats!:nuruhype::nuruawe:

18. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

On the door in the ark there is a missing slot, next to the other heads symbolizing the different races.
    Is anything going to happen with that? I want to believe it belonged to the Agarans. (how does one pronounce that? Ah-Gah-Ran? or Uh-Gar-an?)
    A long time ago there was a sudden boost in agaran assets and mini-dungeons, as well as creepy pods and apex expirements (I guess?)
    Am I the only one that hopes that that lose end gets a little wrapped up?

Is that slot going to remain empty?

19. EssstrategaxArg

EssstrategaxArg Master Chief

The novakid don't have a key because they are the ancients but they forgot that... is just a theory

Axe Garian and DarthTrethon like this.
  20. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

dos this mean there will be detective missions if so there need to be jokes and a hole lot of them also mysteries but most imported jokes and funny moments

Hatsya Souji likes this.