Dev Blog 28th January - Something Fishy

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

I'm actually kind of surprised that you guys didn't also mention that the DRM Free version of Starbound is now on GOG with a 33% discount. That's kind of a big deal, as it means you guys kept your word on releasing a DRM Free version when the beta was more stable. :)

Edit: Of course there's also the version through the site too, been a while since I checked the "buy now" page as when I got it it was still in the preorder campaign stage xD

2. Infested_Todd

Infested_Todd Tentacle Wrangler

:O love the M.Bison gettup!

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I ve always called em fish... and now people are saying they are frogs?! what in the world is going on!

WHY IS M.BISON A BURD!!

Astrih Konnash likes this.
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Aside from requiring Steam for initial download and updates, the game has been DRM free since at least Enraged Koala (aka 2014) because it has always been fully capable of being launched without any other programs.

Though, the sale might have been nice to mention.

Kawa likes this.
  5. Astrih Konnash

Astrih Konnash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Me too - and an Apex wearing it will look even more good (or badder :nurunega: )

6. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

Are the Apex, Avian and Hylotl missions the new ones in nightly or are there more?

7. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

There's also the tutorial mission and the Floran mission has recieved several important updates. There should be a Glitch mission, as far as I'm aware, but it's not been worked on yet.

8. Davidius

Davidius Void-Bound Voyager

Let me guess. He found the Pagemaster and now he's stuck in there.

Spritley Jack likes this.
  9. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Now they need a Psycho Power tech :rofl:

Astrih Konnash and JacobDaGun like this.
  10. Jon.

Jon. Yeah, You!

I know this question is not the issue but need to know if there is an update to try to translation
    :nurukappa:

11. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Not frogs, salamanders. The frogs are their swamp inhabiting cousins. ;)

[​IMG]

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Nazja, I feel like I have to askalotl questions about that image.

13. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

M. Bison, awful puns (askalotl? Really? :rofl:), teaser images, and I still don't want to play because I don't want to miss out on the awesome stuff in the *next* update. What else is new? :nurutease:

I'm surprised this is still my second most played game at 171 hours. I thought it would be something else. It is really quite an awesome game. (For reference, my third most played game is Kerbal Space Program at 120 hours and my most played game is Team Fortress 2 at... 833. Yeah, I like to play TF2 sometimes :rofl:)

On a slightly more serious note: @mollygos, are there plans to continue the Agaran Menace? People like @Zebe, @Owl_Stalker, and myself--as well as many others--had a lot of fun there. It'd be a shame to let it die. :nuruhappy:

Astrih Konnash and Zebe like this.
  14. Geeknerd1337

Geeknerd1337 Void-Bound Voyager

The videos that could be made.

Astrih Konnash likes this.
  15. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

How do you access the tutorial mission?

16. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

/warp instanceworld:protectorate

It's still very WIP, be warned.

17. Westu

Westu Aquatic Astronaut

Those three lens glasses would look great on my Novakid.

18. Saklad5

Saklad5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Count the shadows.

19. Saklad5

Saklad5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not at all. After all, triggered motion sensors in a space library (for a given definition of space) and a desperate plea for help from holograms there? Can someone from Chucklefish please confirm that this was an intentional reference?

20. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ha, I have no need to buy three lensed glasses, for I already have a set! Mission teaser looks neat though.