27th of February: Oink oink!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Feb 27, 2015.

1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

2. TopazofLazuli

TopazofLazuli Subatomic Cosmonaut

Who wants to bet what race gets this one?!

3. Jefferqson

Jefferqson Poptop Tamer

I bet it is for the Glitch since they have farms. They could use to plow fields!

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

This little piggy went to the market

[​IMG]

5. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Florans would make bacon out of it. Apex would want to experiment on it. It's far too messy for the Hylotl. It's most likely a Human pet.

6. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Floran like piggy. Floran feed piggy, piggy feed floran.

7. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

Pet HYPE!

8. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Well yeah....but then again, Florans would make bacon out of anything organic....you're not safe from them unless you're glitch or novakid. My bet is that the floran pet will be something they can't eat.

What in bloody hell would glitch do with farms? Maybe battery/energy/oil farms....those I could understand....but sure as hell not any kind of farm that a pig would be useful in. My bet is that the Glitch pet will be as they are, robotic.

jonathonspy and New2Starbound like this.
  9. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

Glitch farms could produce renewable stuff like Pig-grease or sunflower-hydraullics-oil. Maybe Aloe-polish for shiny and smooth steel casings.Quite ecological robots...

10. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Floran not understand "pet" thing, but Floran like fresh food.

11. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Well, pig manure is a great fertilizer. Plus, Glitch settlements do have a barn with a monster inside, for whatever reason. So they practice animal husbandry. Maybe they are just made to do so by the hivemind since they were supposed to simulate behaviors of other societies throughout the ages. A Glitch made self aware might see that as unnecessary, but then the piglet might've been there since before then, so it didn't see fit to do away with the swine...

I for one would like to see different pets as part of the character creation.

Also, please, find us a way to put creatures back in a capture pod without having to get it killed. Me poor heart aches every time I have to blow up my cute lizard... ;-;

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  12. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I can see simulated behaviors but still......they wouldn't have lasted if they didn't learn to look after their own needs first. It would be very odd indeed to have a glitch start with a pig pet though I like the idea of pet selection at the character creation screen.....not sure if they plan to do that though.

Now pets captured via combat(monsters) may need to be KIA to get back in the pod but ship pets(ie the ones that don't follow you around, like the cat) can be just recaptured by throwing the pod at them I believe.

13. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

Wait, are pets race specific? That would be kinda lame if they are..

Ominethious, Uzkniso and Hajlakan like this.
  14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Like SAIL, right?

15. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Aww! :love:

I doubt it, but certain races will start with certain pets. (Unless plans changed)
    Also I'm guessing the secret black kitty becomes a proper pet, rather than there being two separate black cats.

RatixFarrence and Hajlakan like this.
  16. Rossomak

Rossomak Void-Bound Voyager

Can we have pet ducks? I really want pet ducks.

17. beari78

beari78 Guest

YES PLEASE

I also really want pet lizards! :D

Uzkniso and Feathery Quink like this.
  18. Beareik

Beareik Aquatic Astronaut

I really want pet cows or like a or guniea pig in a ball or something like that

19. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

BACON!!

1MINISKIDI likes this.
  20. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Well damn, that was the next thing I was going to add to my mod!

Still, I like the pig. Looks disgustingly adorable, almost enough that I'd want to cut him up and eat it as my next breakfast!