Dev Blog 26th April - Some Assembly Required

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Sirlolington33

Sirlolington33 Tentacle Wrangler

I can only hope for a horn that play la cucaracha :D

2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Will horns be able to play custom noises?
    As for the mechs themselves, will some of the parts or their blueprints be able to be bought from vendors, or obtained from colonies? Will there be NPC-manned mechs?

3. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

We cant hope for ship battles, but we can still pray that there will be space mech battles...

baconsama25, Godbot and Tovlyn like this.
  4. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

We will see hostile mechs?

5. Grubageddon

Grubageddon Title Not Found

I expect that one of the optional horns will play "Dixie", yes? I fully expect to be able to paint my mech in General Lee colors, and require a properly accompanying horn.

Gunslinger, Kawa and steelwing like this.
  6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Modular... I like the sound of that. Makes another thing to add onto my list of things I look for throughout the universe. :nurutease:

At least when it comes about. Good to see. :nuruhappy:

7. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's great that there are various customization options and no racial-locked mechs, I hope there will be many different end-game customization sidegrades for different playstyles. I wish for similar customizations to normal weapons in vanilla :p I'm waiting for the update!

8. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

My biggest concern is that there will be a terrible selection of parts to choose from. I'd hate to only see a lack of possible parts, like there's such a lack of crafted weapons and fishing things.

Heartstrings and DraikNova like this.
  9. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

<>_<> What if a new crew member type was added, one that uses a mech. For those harder missions. I'd like that. I'd like it alot. :0

Godbot, Kelthazan and Hatsya Souji like this.
  10. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

How early in the tech tree should we expect to gain access to the mech assembler? Is it primarily an end-game feature?

Tovlyn likes this.
  11. jagexspacemaster

jagexspacemaster Master Chief

Could we get a capture gun for mechs? something to capture the space monsters without chucking capture pods into the void of space repeatedly. maybe allow us to summon the captured monsters from it as well so its not useless in combat?

Mythril-Jelly and DraikNova like this.
  12. Jackie2581

Jackie2581 Title Not Found

Is this going to be like armor, and by that I mean that each race can craft their own version, but you can find (or by) other racial armor?

13. micmou

micmou Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm now all we need is this System for Weapons and Ships and the ability to Designate a ship Landing Spot on a Planet.

14. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

Okay... this looks amazing. Now can we please, perhaps in some future update, get a similar thing for weapons? Gunsmith would be amazing, though I imagine that crafting some personalised swords and shields would be neat too.

Also, a small thought: Could we get a separate set of slots for cosmetic parts? Even if only for the non-shooty ones.

15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I can't help but hope that this system has a flexibility comparable to that of clothing items. If so, I'm going to love modding in new booster styles. Boosters! They're the new hats!

Also, I approve of the idea of cosmetic slots for mechs. I mean, that's half the fun of customization, isn't it? Looking cool and coming up with neat costume sets. And maybe the ability to color each part individually. Oh well, those at least seem like things mods can do. Heck, it'd make a perfect new niche for the XS and ZZ mech mods.

Also, I like the way this seems to be working, and the fact that old monsters seem to be added back in. Now, if only we could get the virorb, bad moon and mindwurms.

They could also perhaps just let us combine any two mech parts of the same type to get the better stats and the appearance of the other part.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Ludovic likes this.
  16. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING SUPER IMPORTANT!!:chrono:
    since we are talking about mechs then we need a talk about the hover car mech too thats already in game, it really Really REALLY! need some much needed hot fixes. (ok well not exactly hot fixs might take some time to imply but its really needed)

we absolutely need to be able to double jump while we are in the hover car, you have no idea how useless it is without, we always get stuck in everything without it.
    (if you don't believe me, just try it out on a random generated planet and see how far you get before you get stuck without it.)

the ability to lower the car up and down without it re-adjusting it self to its normal flight height.

(less important things i remembered.)
    we need a auto spawn lock (on and off) on the car i suggest left click on it when it is in the ball so when we exit the car it gets automatically re-spawned into the ball.

also we need to be able to attack or have someone in the back seat attack for us like our crew or invited friends.

there was some more things that really needed fixing on the hover car but i don't remember it right now.

yeah i know i should have posted it on the feed back thread but i just had to write down while i still remembered it i have forgot it so many times i have been on this forum so sorry about that.
    also sorry for any errors in my writing i have never been good at writing also i had to write it down fast while i remembered it.

17. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You know, now that I think about it, if these mechs use vehicle controllers, I can just use my current method of getting around and save tons of energy. It's called rocket spear for a reason.

Tuliup Man and Tovlyn like this.
  18. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'd be up for that, plus an identical system for non-unique weapons and shields.

19. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

*Hoping for Lagann looking parts* Also, since one would assume you could create your own parts....

*"Spiral Gunman" as head, "Gunman drill" on right, "Gunman arm" on left, and "Gunman" as the "legs".
    (Arms would have to be way lower than usual, and the "legs" sprite would be quite large...

MANLY COMBINING-

Space stations full of scientists with Nautileeches on them! MWHAHA

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
    LlamaLord and Hatsya Souji like this.
  20. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid double posting. Use the edit function when making additions to your previous post unless someone already replied to it.
    I merged your posts.

Regards
    Iris Blanche