Dev Blog 23rd January - Mobile Suit Fun-Time!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 23, 2017.

1. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait, did you make that or super secret place where you found an official post ?

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Why would that be? They certainly had a lot more content than a lot of the pre-1.0 updates.... (excluding bugfixupdates in both cases)

Axe Garian and The Squid like this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It looks like an edit of the humanmech.vehicle currently hidden in the vanilla game data.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

We're also potentially getting the ability to set up a working tram system according to some gifs posted on twitter. Quite excited

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yes, but what about seats on rails?

Rail platforms and hoverbikes alike are classed as vehicles. One has seats -- you point at the front or back of the vehicle, press E, and you sit down. Whoever's in the drivers' seat gets to control the vehicle. Rail platforms have no seats -- you just stand on them to ride. I've attempted to make a rail platform with a seat, but it wouldn't take. And I don't mean the part where pressing E on a rail platform pops it off the rails as an item.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Trams will have seats. There's no reason a rail platform couldn't have a seat aside from the way they handle interaction to pop. What part of it 'didn't take'?

Godbot, Axe Garian, The Squid and 3 others like this.
  7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Excellent news.
    I can't remember; let's just say I'm not as good at SB modding as some might think ;)

Axe Garian and DragonsForce like this.
  8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Wow. Trams are going to be quite fun. I wanted to mod in something like that, and seeing that that's actually going to be implemented properly will make making my modded version a lot easier.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Many items, including weapons and placeable objects, are kinda ill-fitting when you play one of the less technologically advanced (looking) races, like Glitch and Avians. Will there be racial trams or, at least, more than one tram look?

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Even if there aren't racial tram variants, I'm sure there'll be mods to add them. I mean, the Avian ones would probably just look like they're made from tomb bricks with an aviolite crystal set into the wheels, the Glitch one would probably have horses pulling it and the Novakid one would be an actual train.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

Sadly may be true. Oh well, the sprite looked so good and had the "hole" just like the official Hylotl mech. I guess the Human mech will stay the same, with it's brand new Hoverbike front.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. 5future

5future Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe we can call that "mobile suit" something like "GalvatrEVA Skyfirebangai GUMdammed ultimate megazerdimus strike mac5"...
    that's just the short name :pfff:
    anyways, looking forward to more new about this update, i cant wait to crush things with that gorgeus thing *^*

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

Welp, my hype is still alive. Tomorrow, I make way to gear back up towards my previous character's armor level, and dueling Asra Nox! Then by the time I reach the Ancient Vaults at my slow pace, 1.3 should be nearby. Since the mods and.....quests should keep me busy, I hope to see a possible Shockhopper MKII mech arena in a space station?!

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

More content, yes. More actual functions and elements to do, no.

I still can't set up a self sustaining colony, for all the colonists do is walk around, talk, and set themselves on fire or get shot by security. Where are the farmers, shepards, miners, lumberjacks, craftsmen?
    I still can't make a custom vehicle or ship.
    I still can't automate anything worthwhile like actual machines to do functional things for the world.

The things to do on each planet is so limited why bother going to more than 20 of them? To find some unique weapon or vanity armor? To what end? Kill faster, look cooler? What for? The multiplayer elements are STILL NOT HERE.

This game is begging for a massive online community, and frankly needs it to stay alive. When will the devs address this?

15. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I imagine Avians' resembling those of the Guardians, but as golden-brown as their structures—just add a bird head, resembling Tonauac's :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Knusperkruste

Knusperkruste Subatomic Cosmonaut

i hope the human mech will still be a thing...i love its design

17. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I'm a Glitch, & as a Glitch, i'm thinking "Walking Rook Chess Piece". :p

Hope it works better then the stupid Skyrails. :(

I personally think it'd look better in Blue, but to each their own. :)

Which makes me wonder if it'd be possible to Customize the Colors on our Mechs? Though I dare not hold out hope when the paint Gun Bug still lives... :(

xaliber likes this.
  18. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh boy. Oh Boy. OH BOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!!! MECHS!

Anyways. Custom mechs? Can I make subnautica's PRAWN suit? What About space combat? Or that ship? Planetary events? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!

littlestabber and Axe Garian like this.
  19. littlestabber

littlestabber Void-Bound Voyager

i think the new mech of the gif was 163.6x better than the first ones, i mean look at how his legs works when walking on the stairs

:wot:*waiting intensifies*

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  20. Cuchilain

Cuchilain Phantasmal Quasar

I am horrified by the current state of games. Am i to be excited by what is offered or disgusted by teh stupidity of it? i dont understand.
    I applaud you for staying the course and making something all consuming, but on a day to day basis, . . your god, what is going on??

Kawa likes this.