Dev Blog 23rd January - Mobile Suit Fun-Time!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Much agreed, except I imagine this dude would be similar to the other Vehicles where if it was damaged or broke down ya'd go to the Penguin Bay Vehicle Place & spend Auto Chips/Pixels to get it fixed up.

I've been wanting a Flying Hovering Mining Mech for better Mining & Digging for so long! Yay easier Base Building! :DD

Speaking of Base Building, is that damn Paint Gun Bug EVER gonna be fixed... ever...? :urgh:

2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

Also, i'm kind of curious, would we get another new dungeon type like........ooooh i don't know.....a BANDIT STRONGHOLD........maybe? to test our new weapons and toys on

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. Arsakes

Arsakes Phantasmal Quasar

Cool, imho you should work on sandbox elements - like: faction system for player/npcs and all thing related to it - owning a colony, defeding territory against other players and factions etc.

Something that could make game meaninguful after all quests are done - which will happen quite fast - even if you add more content.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  5. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Since its a Hylotl Mech would it be able to move in all directions underwater?

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

*The want and opportunity to listen to those crazy folks talking about horror themed (or just any type of themed) space stations in those threads from years ago INTENSIFIES*

7. Darth Omix

Darth Omix Void-Bound Voyager

That's not how that works. TTGL and JoJo have nothing to do with each other besides being made in Japan and having plots that blend comedy and drama.
    ANGRY DOG NOISES.jpg

Onto the actual topic, I do think this thing will be a neat addition to the game and a sign that we'll be getting more involved and layered complexity in modes of transportation other than just flying between planets and the hoverbikes. I do share the sentiment of others on the thread that I hope it'll be somewhat modular and have mining capabilities and not just exploration and combat uses.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So..... is that a player ship (will we be able to enter/exit our ship some other way than beaming?) or is that some random ship you find in asteroid fields sometimes?

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Tiyuri said on Twitter it's an NPC ship.....unclear what that means yet.....could just be a set piece dungeon in asteroid fields but hopefully it's more.

Axe Garian, Tamorr and bjorn0411 like this.
  10. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

I just hope this wont end like the mechs we had for a short while, which were just us but slower and bigger targets, with a tiny little rapid fire gun for the most part. I can only hope thats why they were removed before by chucklefish. Because I seriously dont understand why some people were so in love with them, they were garbage and not a lot of fun.

I have hope that this will turn out pretty good. I have faith in Chucklefish's ability to game design.

Axe Garian and DarthTrethon like this.
  11. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Mechas... when?

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Thank you for staying with us and continuing to work on and support this game.

Axe Garian and bjorn0411 like this.
  13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That arm seems like some sort of harpoon/hook gun. Interesting.

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

!!! Great !!! if we will able to change and upgrade the suit that would be just perferct!
    on only we could have it from lower tier and and the upgrade it formatch higher ones
    we could also change it with mining parts to gather res orfully combat one! maybe throwing backpack on him for more res storage or jet pack (for higher jumps no neseceraly flying) would be nice too!

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

A mech with storage space of its own would be amazing.

16. ApexCollective

ApexCollective Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This looks really cool, especially the ship. Does this mean space battles may be a thing? :nuruflirt:

This being said I really think that Arsakes comment is underrated. If you do some work on NPC's you could make the game waaaay more interesting and engaging. We need factions, battles (maybe even wars), colony needs (it would be awesome if colonies required food and water, food could be calculated by the number of crops and water by certain objects you can build like water towers). Generally I think colonies would benefit from Terraria style "events" like faction invasions with real consequences. Enemies in these events should be able to destroy buildings if you tick an option in settings. Stuff like that y'know?

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I was thinking a month ago about trying to make a mod to see mechs return. Almost like you guys were reading my mind.

These things were super fun in beta. Glad to see theyre coming backX3

Axe Garian and AngelusNox like this.
  18. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Will there be other new vehicles, such as aircraft or more kinds of boats?

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. AngelusNox

AngelusNox Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the fact that you keep us updated and on track with what you are expanding on. THX <3
    Also i hope you ad dedicated inventory slots for vehicles.

Axe Garian and DraikNova like this.
  20. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't wait to see what the other races' mechs will look like. Expecially those of the more primitive looking races, like florans, glitch and avians.

Axe Garian likes this.