Dev Blog 23rd February - Avian Ant Farm

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Joft

Joft Orbital Explorer

I think that's the point. The other villages are modern, free-thinking Avians that aren't followers of Kluex. These villages however, seem to be inhibited by more conservative, religious Avians, judging by what seems to be a tower to the left of the image, so perhaps they must limit what their houses have, for some religious reason.

lemon flavoured likes this.
  2. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Now mix those pseudo 3d buildings with background NPCs, spawning in and out. Perfect village/dungeon!

lemon flavoured likes this.
  3. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

this new avian structure looks quite nice i can not wait to find it

ive always liked avian structures this one looks quite nice

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  4. Nightmaster

Nightmaster Pangalactic Porcupine

Completly unrelated to starbound but after watching Stardew Valley trailer I kind of hoped that the game play for starbound where like in Stardew, with a sky view and the ability to do all this stuff...

5. Maximilian

Maximilian Void-Bound Voyager

Very cute! I'm looking forward to seeing multiple sides of each race in the game. :)

6. emeraldgreen72

I'm very to happy to see it as well also are you a harpie

7. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Won't happen. Chucklefish have allredy said that while space ship combat would be neat, its not something planned for 1.0.

So if its added at all (no guarantees) it will be after 1.0.

8. emeraldgreen72

W0ooOOooOoOoOOoOoOoOOoOoOoOOoOoOOoOoOOoOoOooOoOoOOoOoOOoOO

Success it might be added :nuruhype:

9. schena

schena Scruffy Nerf-Herder

all of these thinge are awsome so far, so i look forward to see it in stable version :)

10. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

I kinda wish they'd add in a bunch of the BotW's A lot of those are just stellar... and a lot of these dungeons seem, idk, flat. Has anyone run into one that particularly stands out? I like the prison the most so far.

11. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Patiently waits for Saturday...

12. Maximilian

Maximilian Void-Bound Voyager

No, not exactly. I'm a 19th century interpretation of a sphinx. :nuruwink:

13. emeraldgreen72

thats pretty cool

are they MATHEMATICAL ALGEBRAIC or other eise

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  14. emaker123

emaker123 Void-Bound Voyager

Floran is annoyed by lotsss of armor classsesss by many racesss (yesss i ssspeak floran acccent). Ssso floran had idea. Why dont devs make classss description or whatever isss name of circled thingy in picture, to armor. Sssorry picture not pretty floran couldnt take picture using sssteam camera, ssso needed to use small device to take picture. But back the matter at hand, put desscription of armor classss + race wich made armor + armor part , as mini description, like is Assssault Rifle for gun.
    Starbound Class desc.png

example:
    Templar's Helm, Helmet
    ( http://starbounder.org/Templar's_Helm )
    becomes
    Templar's Helm, Glitch Celurium Helmet

Now floran get lesss losst when needing to know if gear is better

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If some1 has trouble reading my floran accent, or points a mistake (note tht: when an S sounds like a Z, florans dont hiss on it, like in the word: is ) just let me know

The actual reason why i wanted this is because the 1rst time i made a char in starbound it was a novakid, and i kept all my armor in chests, just in case. but when my friend restarted, i wanted to give him the right sets of armor(giving titanium for the mission where he needs titanium), only to get lost, and having to refer to the wiki all the time is less then ideal. i mean u can get lost easily in this ( http://starbounder.org/Armor the bottom half)

M_Sipher, jakecool19 and DragonsForce like this.
  15. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

HOW ABOUT PASSIVE ANIMALS AGAIN?! Just kidding, but seriously, why aren't there passive animals? To be honest I should be yelling about this, because I'm sure tons of people want them except they still haven't been put back in. It shouldn't be that hard.

ApexCollective and Type1Ninja like this.
  16. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Sooooooo... how's the experimentation on biomes going with you guys?

17. whitepinkbun

whitepinkbun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sigh not trying to be THAT guy but i check the site daily for updates you guys are being super secret this week.

18. emeraldgreen72

Who is the human girl in these pictures she was in rebel rebel also who is she?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  19. Albcatmastercat

Albcatmastercat Void-Bound Voyager

When do you guys think it'll be pushed to stable?
    Am loving the new features :)

20. Kitts2307

Kitts2307 Void-Bound Voyager

I do believe that the girl is Necotho. Through my startlingly sound powers of detectivisionism, I have extrapolated that she is the builder of these places. Here is her twitter for reference. She is also the only girl with black hair in the entire team, also she has roughly the same haircut. Also, she has the same avatar in-game on her banner on her Twitter. Science!

https://twitter.com/DorisCarrascosa

Adieu,
    Kitts 2-307
    Overkiller of Information

Superfast103, emeraldgreen72 and Kawa like this.