Dev Blog 22nd January - Broom for Improvement

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 22, 2016.

1. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

(When Examining the Earth Model)
    Apex Player: Earth, home of the Terrene Protectorate, and myself for a time.
    It is entirely possible that when the Protectorate Mission takes place, it is on Earth before it was Infested.

Coricus likes this.
  2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

*dududududududududmdumbumubmdubmdubm*
    NOSTALGIA STARBOUND WRITERS INCOMING

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Ah... It's the Cleaners.... Better keep my eyes open, my back clear, and be weary of my every move around those people...

Seriously though, nice a push broom. Wonder if there is going to be a bristle broom as well. You know the one that has a bell shape sort of made with straw that goes all the way to pole. No matter it is a nice addition. Now we can have Janitors... Now where is the water bucket on wheels thing? Or cleaning cart. Hmm... would need some of those to make such a reality.

Is the Modding of those values client side or server side? Might already know the answer to that since they are character based, but just wanted to make sure.
    It is nice to see some outside changes that we could make if we wanted. :nuruhappy:

4. Silver200x

Silver200x Subatomic Cosmonaut

well that just about sweeps up the news for this week...

5. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I'm way more interested in that background.

6. jeet8

jeet8 Void-Bound Voyager

Didnt codex's say earth split in half or something and the human you play as just barely escaped. So that cant be earth right?

7. Coricus

Coricus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks to the warp code posted earlier in the topic, I played through the (incomplete) Protectorate mission on Nightly yesterday.

It seems you wake up, walk over to a ceremony while doing tutorial stuff, and then an as-of-yet unimplemented event likely happens. The latter half of the area is damaged, with a ship at the end described as an escape vessel.

Since I remember reading these events described somewhere before this patch was even released and their being described as taking place on Earth, I think it's entirely possible that this mission takes place right when Earth is destroyed.

8. StarLoverNaz

StarLoverNaz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"Puns. Puns everywhere". This is great! Nice job guys :D

9. Zappity

Zappity Big Damn Hero

It is on earth, it is labeled as earth on the parallax files.

10. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I wonder if this will be a new type of outpost, or an update to the current one?
    Because having a near bark outpost[with certain mods added] would be good to see over the current one.
    Also the ships that are in the background raise some ideas for me at least seeing that you can say have a colony made
    and after time the background of the planet you made a large colony will also change with the colony.
    Like if you make a very large almost planet encompassing colony the background of said planet would also change to reflect the change and the tech.

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I just realized that the Apex janitor is not wearing pants.

Bow chicka wow wow...

12. jerfo61

jerfo61 Space Spelunker

13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

14. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Dust force in Starbound incoming.

15. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

The diligent, half dressed custodian Apex brushing away while her Glitch coworker runs around the place in full work uniform making "vroom" noises... yes, just a normal day on the job!

Titanium likes this.
  16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Plot twist: glitch are known to go "vroom" from time to time.

Titanium and Spritley Jack like this.
  17. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

Clearly Chucklefish have decided to make a bid for that lucrative Viscera Cleanup Detail money.

18. Lemuria

Lemuria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Assss it sshould be. A++++++++ would sstab again.

19. Rex Blackbeak

Rex Blackbeak Spaceman Spiff

Janitor's?!?
    Awesome Background?!?
    SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. NoiseHERO

NoiseHERO Title Not Found

Yesss @ survival whats the point of building a civilization if I don't have to go through my 16 bit fridge for a sandwich?