Dev Blog 2 February – 2018 Catch Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. rdcl170

rdcl170 Aquatic Astronaut

Well this is a real shame.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  2. EpicTyphlosion

EpicTyphlosion Aquatic Astronaut

Am I the only person that wants a PS4 port? I recently got a PS4 a few months ago, and I do not want to save up for another console just for one game. Besides, on the game's release, it was very likely that there was going to be a PS4 port, there was even a trailer for it on Playstation's indie game Youtube channel. Fast forward a couple years, and now the Xbox is getting a port, and the PS4 has been forgotten about... Not to mention the amount of people who lost interest in the game, it was super popular once it came out, but nobody cared about it a year after. That's probably due to Chucklefish's tendencies to just go silent for long periods of time, not giving updates about how the ports are going, about how the updates are coming along, about any new additions, nothing... Chucklefish, please get your act together, for the sake of your fans, and your game!

Waffle-Chan, Wickerson and Ickura like this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Code:
    Sayter: @Samuri gotta ask....was weeks ago since the post
        saying we'd get a mini-update for parts of 1.4.... is
        tehre some sort of status update there?
    Sayter: it had said in a "few days"
    Sayter: not trying to rush of course, merely curious.

Samuri: It's still in progress! We have just been very busy
    Apagando: great, more time for the hype to build up

Kawa-kina: Busy making magic, @Samuri?
    Samuri: @Kawa-kina making many things!
    Samuri: Starbound on Xbox is one of these things
    Kawa-kina: Hm, nice... for those with xboxen.
    Samuri: only about 30 million people
    Kawa-kina: *puts on his sarcasm face*
    Kawa-kina: What about the PS Vita though?

4. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Was wondering why they had went quiet. Lucky you and Sayter for actually being able to communicate with the devs directly. It helps having connections :p

5. Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been playing this game since it was available and have more hours in it then any other game!
    The fact that your team tirelessly works hard to create a quality product and add fantastic new updates all the time is seriously more then a gamer could ask.
    Thanks for being the best, Chucklefish. I'm very excited for Bounty Hunting! And I approve of the decision to go with Xbox I think it will be great for modding.

The only critique I have is that on the bounty board all the enemies were wearing the same hat! I really hope that not all bounties are for the same kind of NPC. It would be cool to hunt down a variety of criminals, cultists, researchers who stole valuable information, even informants that the Miniknog is putting a hit on, etc. I hope it's not just a bunch of bank robber types!

Speed Lightning likes this.
  6. Wickerson

Wickerson Aquatic Astronaut

I'd love to see a PS4 port, especially if it includes local co-op!

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Well, they are the Gentleman Reapers. The one in the video was with the Prestigious Brew clan and wore a damn pint. I think all of them wearing the same hat was kinda the point.

Ickura and The Squid like this.
  8. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

So... "the next few weeks" has long since passed. Will there be a further update coming regarding the so-called "fun" patch before 1.4 or further 1.4 info? I'm asking for a friend :)

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  9. Phaetum

Phaetum Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I see that they are trying to make a trend, I'm just trying to say that diversity in the bounties would be really cool, there's a lot of races and a lot of factions to work with! But I see what you mean.

Speed Lightning likes this.
  10. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I wonder what they are planning, as much as I enjoy the idea of bounty hunting and more thing in the game cannot hurt, a part of me is wondering if perhaps the game needs at least one more story/lore update before its 7 year cycle ends.

At this point I'd be happy with some more talk on even general Chucklefish happenings, this is technically the official forums for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
  11. enceos

enceos Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think Starbound is past its prime and doesn't bring much revenue to the company anymore. The only way of getting more income from the game is porting it to consoles or making a sweet DLC. I won't be surprised if the team decided to abandon the game and started working on a new project.

12. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

It's called Wargroove. Somehow they can find the time to keep that blog updated.

RIP Starbound.

13. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Do not confuse people, it is normal to take longer if they have more games to update or program, the game is not dead until chucklefish says otherwise, with the previous update you said the same, that the game was abandoned, and they updated (Spacefarer), when chucklefish says that the game is not updated it will be true, everything else is confusing people.

14. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I have to agree with this sentiment, however I just wish there wasn't as much of a dry spell between hearing from the devs, even though a lot of what they are doing is not capable of being shown in a shiny gif...

I'm glad for the company, I'm just left wondering what to do, while I'm playing my way through Frackin Universe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
  15. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

Uh, what? I didn't comment at all between 1.2 and the 1.4 blogs, 1.3 was handled fairly well and they kept us up to date with 1-2 blogs per month showing the new content that was coming. There hasn't been a single new piece of info about 1.4 in over 5 months, beyond an unfinished furniture set and a promise of more info soon which they failed to deliver. I'm sure 1.4 will happen eventually, but it's clear the game no longer has any significant team working on it anymore and the likely-hood of seeing a 1.5 or beyond content patch is slim to none.

I'd love to be wrong. I'd love 1.4 to be huge and full of surprises. It's the longest time they've gone between updates so if they were working full steam on it it could be amazing. I find it much more likely there's just one or two people finishing up the stuff they already revealed while prioritizing their work on Wargroove, and the silence is because they are making little to no progress and have nothing new to show us.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  16. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Just to echo the bit from Sayter's post a page back

"Samuri: It's still in progress! We have just been very busy"

People just need to realize they've been busy with Wargroove and Witchbrook. We'll get an update when they're ready to give an update. Just gotta preoccupy yourselves with other stuff until an update drops. Play with some mods... Try a new game you've been wanting to play.

Release date questions and complaints aren't going to make a content update release any faster.

Phaetum, Ickura, The Squid and 2 others like this.
  17. VitaminK

VitaminK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Almost 2 months, an update on progress would be nice

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  18. TheLogicMonster

TheLogicMonster Master Chief

I hope some of "the fun things players can play with" includes gravity and atmosphere features. I've always thought it was a little weird that you can use torches on moons, and none of your tenants seem to care that you never built an air conditioner on the lava ocean planet they live on.

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The Squid and DragonsForce like this.
  20. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Ickura, The Squid and Pohany like this.