Dev Blog 2 February – 2018 Catch Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Tjamanarlong

Tjamanarlong Void-Bound Voyager

oww this very good news ^^ i hope the possibility for a Switch port will be closer now to :3 i already love there other game stardew valley on it so hope they will bring starbound to the switch to :)
    i imagination they would limited the number of star systems to fit the switch size like maby 40 of each solar system type ( wich would still be a huge number ) and maby ammibo support like if you scan a starfox ambiibo you unlock the
    Fenerox as playable race

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  2. izzykuroneko

izzykuroneko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. The Blog in the front page is not taking me to the comment section. :nurusad:
    2. Can we get an expansion on/more Human items? Like they finally rebuilding themselves after the whole issue. Without the need of using mods...
    3. Here's an idea, what if we could us the cloth dyes to dye furniture?

May not be considered but putting it out there..

TheLogicMonster likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Did you know:

1. None of the vanilla objects with color variants in their spritesheets are set up to retain their color when broken into an item.
    2. A lot of the vanilla objects without color variants still have a <color> tag in their image references, serving zero purpose.
    3. Painted objects' inventory icons don't reflect their color.
    4. If you set an object to retain its parameters when broken into an item, you get a neat little side effect where a container spawned with contents (as opposed to a new one you made and placed yourself) can be emptied, picked up, put back down, and emptied again. And again. And again. Because its starting contents are also parameters.
    teal deer: painting objects is a bit of a mess and I wouldn't count on it.

4. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

@Tjamanarlong I agree with you there. The Switch's versatility as something that can be played practically anytime or anywhere makes it great for pretty much every game there is. I can imagine that Starbound would get a lot of attention on the Switch.

The Amiibo actually seem to be a somewhat bigger draw than I imagined. I personally love the Amiibo just as figurines and so does most everyone else; but I was surprised to see with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim many people were very excited by the idea of taping Amiibo and getting Legend of Zelda themed gear (I personally love my Master Sword and Hylian Shield, I am forever attached to them.) If the Starbound developers added a few shiny looking weapons with Amiibo functionality I bet that could excite more than a few players.

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That I had to learn this through twitter instead of the update doesn’t sit right with me, but I’ll take it. :(

Good luck @mollygos ! I hope you do well and go far in your work!

Speed Lightning and DragonsForce like this.
  6. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

This.
    Fly safe, @mollygos !
    And thanks for all the fish... Or something like that.

7. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

We should all make a proper goodbye thread to her where we wish her good luck and good health.

The Squid and DragonsForce like this.
  8. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ooo, an egyptian set? All the hecks yes.

9. Zoeytrope

Zoeytrope Void-Bound Voyager

Adding my voice to the chorus of people who would love controller support on PC!

mattmonkey24 likes this.
  10. izzykuroneko

izzykuroneko Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A girl can dream.. ? :nurusad:

AmazonValkyrie likes this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'm pretty sure there's a mod around here somewhere that adds parameter retaining to all these objects, and lets you change the color in some way. Besides that you can manually spawn them in the color you want... but that won't fix point 3 or 4.

And that's why the felin mod recently had the colors removed from its various containers for the upcoming update.

12. Yorabonito

Yorabonito Void-Bound Voyager

hey how about you guys add some body type... fat guy, skinny guy... I think it'll be fun on 1.4 update

TheLogicMonster likes this.
  13. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That would be a LOT of work. Every single wearable item would have to get several times as many sprites as they have now.

14. JeiT

JeiT Big Damn Hero

it's not dead?
    It's not dead?
    It's not DEAD?
    Woohoo!

I've been popping in here twice a month to check on the blog, and with the no updates and the dwindling communities on the amino and the larger mods I was almost worried Chucklefish didn't see any potential for revenue in Starbound.

This is not a critique on updating habits though, I'm glad they spend time on it with or without them being highly frequent in telling about it, but as I'm not in any other game-related forum I just kinda' - you kno' - assumed incremental decrease in development enthusiasm.

My mood has now been lifted.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  15. worenconverse

worenconverse Void-Bound Voyager

But would this be released for Switch or PS4 at some point in the future aswell?

16. xXSomeGuyXx

xXSomeGuyXx Space Hobo

If I bought Starbound on steam will I get it on Xbox?

17. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

They should fix the problem of NPCs in towns and settlements, on planets with offensive climates such as falling meteorites, embers, etc etc, that destroy terrain and leave the decoration loose, the NPCs get angry with you.

They get angry and call you a thief, and as it continues to rain meteorites, embers, etc., because in the end they end up pissing off and attack you, that you are not guilty of anything.

I consider it a serious bug in the AI of the NPCs.

There are 2 solutions:

1- That the climate of the planets does not affect the decoration of the settlements, settlements, etc., that is harmful for the NPC and for the player, but that does not destroy anything, if you want to steal, but the planet does not steal for you xD

2- Modify the AI of the NPCs so that they understand that YOU are not the thief.

It is something that should be fixed in 1.4 urgently.

PaxCallow, Ickura and Kawa like this.
  18. Yorabonito

nope, steam is only for windows and mac version
    but if you bought it on xbox account you can play it on PC with your xbox app on windows 10

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  19. Yorabonito

yeah... i just wondering. but it would be awesome right

20. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

There is also another annoying thing, you can solve advancing in the game, very advanced in the game, but until then you can not do anything.

The crops, when it rains, the earth does not get wet if you are not seeing it, I do not know if I explain xD if I am watching the crops and it is raining, the earth gets wet and you do not have to water it, but if you are not facing the crops , the earth stays dry, it only gets wet if you "see" it, if you do not see it no.

I do not know what is due, but when it rains the plowed land has to get wet, whether you are ahead or not, it is another bug, it is silly but it is annoying, when you advance in the game it is solved by putting sprinklers, but until you can make sprinklers you depend on the shower and the rain, the rain saves a lot of work, but if you are not in front of the crops the plowed land does not get wet, it is rare xD

Edit:

Is there a tracker or somewhere to report bugs? This and the one above have always existed, it seems strange to me that they have not been solved yet, they could take advantage of the 1.4 to fix those little things.

I do not mind reporting failures, but I would like to know where exactly.