Dev Blog 2 February – 2018 Catch Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Momopovich

Momopovich Pangalactic Porcupine

This furniture set seems a little bit redundant with all the avian stuff... Since 1.0 came out I'm mostly dreaming about more options for refrigerated containers

And craftable cooking stations... Those shouldnt be the rarest items in the game ffs

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Lunar_Vortex and izzykuroneko like this.
  2. rdcl170

rdcl170 Aquatic Astronaut

Ecstatic to see an update on starbound! Thanks chucklefish!

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  3. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

weve been waiting two thousand freaking years until you finally made an update

thank
    now i know starbound on the switch is definitely possible

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

But what about @mollygos ? :(

The Squid likes this.
  5. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

About time an update has passed, nice to see that the game is still receiving updates with care. :)

6. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

A frightening question indeed D:

7. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

*suspense intensifies* D:

8. roro

roro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool:nuruninja:

9. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Ahem....it hasn't been "a few weeks" since you last checked in....it's been a few months....three and a half months or just about 15 weeks to be precise. That's a lot more than a few weeks.....a few weeks would be less than 5, not 15.

10. Arrevax

Arrevax Void-Bound Voyager

This is the best possible quality of life change the devs can make for the game. Exploration is almost meaningless in late game when the only planets that present any difficulty are volcanic and constantly raining meteors, which never should have been able to destroy terrain.

11. MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

DragonsForce and maestro kitty like this.
  12. BlackGryphon

BlackGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

The worst part about it is finding that random village that then gets blitzed by meteors, and somehow they get angry at you because their houses are wrecked/on fire and you just happen to have blocks fall on you, not my fault you goofy Hylotl chose to build your village on a LAVA WORLD!

13. The First Nova

The First Nova Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will the mods be able to carry over to console? I know its possible so don't lie to me, Bethesda has done it. Also Do not mistake my rudeness for hatred, I LOVE starbound, and I want it to be the best it can be.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

This came up on page one.
    So yeah, if they're supported, custom interfaces may need to be reworked.

15. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

The second i saw
    Starbound on Xbox :lod:

I started to see red of furious anger :mad:

But then i saw that :poke: Blitworks where the ones that would work on porting it and not you guys so i calmed down the instant.:D
    Don't scare me like that!
    We wouldn't have seen new contents in years if you guys where the ones to port starbound over to console (nothing personal meant sorry)

Anyway i Love all the work you guys have put in and i must thank you all for that so thank you guys very much.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  16. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Adding the scrapped Nebula could fix that, just without the Tentacle sub-biome on every planet.

Speed Lightning likes this.
  17. Frostyhobo47

Frostyhobo47 Space Hobo

How will multiplayer work, will it be possible to simply invite friends to your universe or what not?

18. blackvise

blackvise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Few weeks? Try few months lol, we checked sb blog every single day. Blog usually have weekly updates, even sometimes it wasn't related to game updates, but at least, kept us informed thats Starbound developments still on the way.
    We're still waiting for Director's Mode and User made mission sharing from https://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-chucklefish-and-starbound/

19. AmazonValkyrie

AmazonValkyrie Spaceman Spiff

Glad to hear a bit more from the team about the 1.4 update and more! The bounty hunter feature looks really interesting, but I hope you’ll be able to tackle other player concerns in the future such as providing more interesting loot (perhaps an accessory slot?), adding depth to—and possibly events for—colonies, and I’m still harping on dying objects lol. Just a few suggestions there from my own box of dreams for the game. The community really has a lot of great suggestions for future additions to the game, and I hope you’ll take them into consideration for Starbound ^_^

20. Raymond1991

Raymond1991 Phantasmal Quasar

OMG Xbox version got me super hyped. Already bought Steam and GOG versions and been wanting to play it more on xbox!