19th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. -Winter-

-Winter- Subatomic Cosmonaut

that was truly beautiful.... :cry:

tassina likes this.
  2. linukboy

linukboy Orbital Explorer

is this were we will find the hostile mobs that won the contest earlier this year

3. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

[​IMG]

I think it would be really, really cool if we could "walk" upside down on certain, higher-up asteroids in micro-gravity!

TTCBuilder, Toryu-Mau and willpill35 like this.
  4. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Space Spelunker

Awesome!! Would love to see this with jetpacks!

5. Titanium

This. Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

6. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

yay for asteroids and WOW that is a long fall must have had a pair of these on (i know he had admin on)

7. Danger Mouse

Danger Mouse Space Spelunker

That reminds me of Terraria's Gravity switch, such an awesome feature.. specially when you can jump and rocket boots upside down and flip it back over with the push of a button.

8. Titanium

Please tell me that most if not all races will require complete protection from the elements (or lack thereof) in space. The gradual reduction in atmosphere as you go up should be interesting, kind of like the breathless ascent up Mount Everest. Is there an oxygen or breathing mechanism and a tie in to vitality in the game? I think that some sort of gradual mechanism would be really cool when it comes to decreasing atmospheric densities.

9. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Now all I need is a low-orbit ion cannon to be built on the meteors. ;)

Lost in Nowhere and Toryu-Mau like this.
  10. Does this mean i can build an interplanetary tower/bridge?

11. Titanium

i was just going to talk about that! woo!
    that sounds like it would be SUPER hard to do, especially considering placed blocks seem to be in static in the game

12. TheJudge

TheJudge Space Penguin Leader

That's exactly what I was thinking. In Terraria I built a replica of Kami's lookout. I can't wait to do it again, but better in Starbound!

13. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Awesome stuff but i hope its not like that on every planet because having that many astoroids that close. Maby just have it on random planets and maby in the discription of the planet it mention and asteroid ring or something.

14. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty cool idea. Just a question though. If admin was turned off would you have started falling faster when the atmosphere reappeared? It didn't appear that your velocity sped up as you were coming in from so high without anything to slow you down (unless the space suit has some kind of jet pack I don't know about).

15. Deitri

Deitri Astral Cartographer

I am speechless, this is awesome.

16. krapmyself

krapmyself Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe, but Chucklefish is full of super hard workers :)

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  17. denismr

denismr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

<Tiy_> I kind of want to make it so that when you teleport to a planet now
    <Tiy_> you just
    <Tiy_> see yourself in a beam fly down all the way through the atmosphere
    <Tiy_> but that might get irritating after a while
    <Hyperax> make drop pods
    * DoomZero (ad220ea8@gateway/web/freenode/ip.173.34.14.168) has joined
    <Tiy_> naw
    <Hyperax> an alternate method of entry to the planet
    <DoomZero> (removed comment not relevant)
    <Tiy_> beaming around like powerrangers is cooler
    <Marketh> If you were going to do that I think drop pods would look cooler
    <Tiy_> :D

<Tiy_> one option is, allowing players to actually beam directly from the ship down to asteroids if the planet has an asteroid bel

What about using drop pods for the first time you land on a planet? A need for recognition and full scanning of the area for safe beaming.

LastDay and Passarbye like this.
  18. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

First off that's not how you quote, secondly he said he didn't like that idea.

19. LiquidAvatar

LiquidAvatar Big Damn Hero

Awesome! I want to see re-entry style burns as you get into the atmosphere!

20. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

...Man I hate you guys :(
    This game is too good xD.

Sigh quad layers of exploration.
    Water, Earth, Air, and Space

Why you have to eat our lives?
    This'll be like Diablo, wherein you die for real.