19th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by bartwe, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Daldingo

Daldingo Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't played Minecraft in over a year. I don't like that Biscuit idiot because of the way he interacts with people on twitter and youtube. He's an ass.

tassina likes this.
  2. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

If that happens awave of chaos and destruction will take over the world!!

Edit: go 1:01

Lord Hatty likes this.
  3. SamuraiJack7

SamuraiJack7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shout out to this movie! I think I mentioned this a while ago but seriously... if you haven't seen it, see it now! go go go!

I'm not going to wish the dev team luck because they don't need it, they will kick ass whatever they do! bring on the BETA... at some point in time. :p

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  4. oneblockwonder

oneblockwonder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its is his job to be harsh because he is considered press and its not like he would point out all of the flaws right infront of the developers also the yogscast wouldnt help promote this game and neither would captainsparklez.

Darklight likes this.
  5. Bzubko123

Bzubko123 Phantasmal Quasar

THAT CAT /\... IS ME

tassina likes this.
  6. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

To be honest, I am really glad that I'm not going to go to i49 and that I'm not going to be able to play the tech demo/build.
    It's kinda hard to explain but the thing is that if i were to play the demo, I would only be able to play a few minutes of the game, which is not enough time to immerse me into the world of Starbound (Plus all of that noise would be distracting ;) )
    I would much rather wait in excitement and once the game gets into beta, I would burst with joy and enjoy every aspect of the game!
    I would do stuff at my own pace instead of rushing through the demo to see all that there is to see, which would lead me to not feeling as satisfied and happy when the beta releases. I don't know why I feel this way, I just do :D !

But in any case, blow the roof of at i49! And keep all of the people who couldn't come to i49 up to date ;) !

7. oneblockwonder

oneblockwonder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We have already payed the same amount of money if not more because of price drops for Starbound launch day I agree that we should get some kind of demo and I also think that a demo would help increase sales and more people would preorder.

tassina likes this.
  8. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

Not really, read yesterday's blog.

9. Garath

Garath Void-Bound Voyager

Great post! love the animation of the tree falling (although this time it did not make a sound :rofl:) but hey now you have plenty of fire wood for singing around campfires at i49! woot!

10. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

what a shame i can't go on I49... I wish i could meet you guys in person and play demo. It would be one of the best days in my life ^^

tassina likes this.
  11. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

At least 1 per tier, so 10 major bosses, and they did confirm that there would be a lot of minibosses. There will probably also be dungeon bosses so I mean.... yeah. Tons of bosses.

tassina likes this.
  12. NovastarX

NovastarX Big Damn Hero

Ha! I'm surprised only one other person commented about that and love the fact that there's absolutely no explanation for it. It's probably just a friendly planet-wide fireball storm... :giggle:

Though now I wonder if besides rain and snow, there are other arial projectile weather formations... :eek:

tassina likes this.
  13. Dsalter

Dsalter Space Spelunker

if you fly over to the UK head over to wales and bring me a copy of the demo, could use a random present ;P

14. Lord Hatty

Lord Hatty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A wave of chaos and destruction?!

marchello35 likes this.
  15. jidvtthe2

jidvtthe2 Void-Bound Voyager

Will there be a demo we can download if we can't go to i49?

16. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't misunderstand, friend.
    Preorder moneys are not exclusive to the game, it extends to supporting Chucklefish as a company and speeds up development on the game.

(Source : http://playstarbound.com/store/faq.php )

tassina and Prymael like this.
  17. Nope, it's just some "preview" of the game. It will be live screamed far i know.

tassina likes this.
  18. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

We will need someone like...

Core likes this.
  19. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

xlarge.jpg good job chucklefish

Dashpenguin, Rrueya, tassina and 6 others like this.
  20. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

What's with the falling star things after the tree has fallen?

tassina and samufel like this.