19th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by bartwe, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks Bartwe, this appears to be your first update, and I think you did well. I look forward to more updates from you and the rest of the dev team. Especially updates related to i49 stuff.

2. Rin-Kin

Rin-Kin Phantasmal Quasar

Will we get a chance to play that demo, or it's for the i49 only?

3. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Do we get to see the demo? maybe even play it? i sure hope so!

BTW.. what are those blue energy balls falling out of the sky after the tree falls?

Svarr Chanston and PabloM like this.
  4. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Nice, nice! Also, have a good trip Bart. :DD

5. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

Now to watch I49 stream when it's on

tassina likes this.
  6. Sitanel

Sitanel Void-Bound Voyager

Meoooww man, I think they are getting mentally prepared for the beta...
    I mean, it will be a boom, so they are trying to fix what is in reach first...

BTW, have a nice i49

tassina and Axe Garian like this.
  7. Jackorias

Jackorias Subatomic Cosmonaut

Very nice short and sweet update. I'm sure your trip will be a great success ^^ I'll be rooting for you and most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!!

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seeing you guys getting all excited somehow makes me really happy! :DD

but No Rho? :cry: I hope someone cosplays her at least :)

9. Beonadryt

Beonadryt Big Damn Hero

Tiy in a Rho cosplay!

10. 4verse

4verse Subatomic Cosmonaut

i49 demo? so, demo only ... that means no beta by the end of august. demo also sounds like beta is still quite far away ...

11. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thx bart

12. King Leonidas

King Leonidas Pangalactic Porcupine

er..... i think my post just got deleted by a moderator o_O
    it didn't really have anything groundbreaking in it, and i can't find it anywhere...
    if it has, could someone tell me, and also how can you tell if you've got those points or whatever that eventually lead to a ban?
    i is not want to be bad boy :pwease:

do you get a message on your profile page? i'll go check now..... if I've done something wrong then I'm really sorry; I guess I should have read the rules more closely...

tassina likes this.
  13. Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt Big Damn Hero

if i remember the rules correctly your post was deleted because it was a FIRST! post with nothing else to it which earns you 1 point

14. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

If the game is in a state where a playable demo can be available for the general public (those at the convention who may or may not be paying customers for chucklefish), one would likely suppose a demo could be released for paying customers. Don't even call it a beta if it does you. Call it a pre-beta demonstration release or something similar. Put a nice big splash screen announcing "You are about to play an early, unfinished version of Starbound. Please report any bugs you find in the error/bug reporting sub-forum located at (website). Thank you for your support" etc.

I would think the only thing I'm unsure (as far as current implementation) of that would be required for such a release would be account verification hard coded into the game.

Of course, the "main stage event on Saturday!" Bit has me hopeful for a beta release/more specific date announcement as well. Oh well.

Have fun you star bound Starbound people!

Axe Garian and 4verse like this.
  15. Zayev

Zayev Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I recall Tiy saying something to the contrary of this. Something along the lines of: "People who preorder will get the beta the same time as the press".

Nevermind, it was:
    "We may potentially send press previews out to youtubers and other members of the press, if we feel the game is in a state at which the press can successfully preview it. This build will likely not be ready for players because it may contain game breaking bugs. However, as soon as a build that IS ready for players is available, the players will get it. It won't be held back for members of the press to get an early preview. If it so happens that we end up with a build that's suitable for players before we send anything to the press, press and players will get it at the same time."

16. Dobriyzhyk

Dobriyzhyk Astral Cartographer

Beta is coming.I think so ;)

Silver86 likes this.
  17. Ogma

Ogma Void-Bound Voyager

I saw Indie game the movie recently, and I think a lot more people arround here should. I find that it helps putting things into perspective! I don't know what our dear devs thinks of this movie, or how accurate it is, if they saw it. But I think it would help some people to see what it actually is to devellop a game, and help them gain a bit of patience!

18. HappyVader

HappyVader Big Damn Hero

Seriously, it really opened my eyes to what a massive task it is to overcome so many challenges as a developer. Many of these are things we may not consider. Sleepless nights, little money for food, risking relationships and a lifetime of savings for a slim chance of a payoff. Heck, I feel like I am making it sounds like an indie Dev adaptation of "Deadliest Catch" ( http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/deadliest-catch)

I digress. I recommend taking the time to watch "Indie Game: The Movie" (more info at: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1942884/)
    It is also available on Netflix.

19. Silver86

Silver86 Big Damn Hero

about the gif, if we shot any weapon will it chop down trees? if we fight in forest this can be troublesome ;p, think only axe should chop them down or other designed weapon

20. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

I think if any gun (probably only the guns on the more powerful side of the tier list) is going to chop down trees, it should be a chance to happen type event. To sort of imply some illusion of accuracy/inaccuracy

21. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Axe launcher.

They made a demo? The demo is a stable release of Starbound right?

STARBOUND beta confirmed.

Lord Hatty likes this.