18th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. A1CZERO

A1CZERO Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

2. Show

Show Phantasmal Quasar

I bet that's from where they tried letting you build extensions on to the ship with regular blocks.

---

I love the look of the planets, but I'm honestly confused by how much is going on there. Is that 4 planets, or a mixture of moons and whatnot?

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All I have to say is

Renlou, Toryu-Mau and LFPO8k like this.
  4. RWarrior041

RWarrior041 Space Spelunker

Cool. I hope the beta is finished before the end of this month, so i get to play it more :)

5. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

So i take it the decision to finish everything but quests for beta then worry about them afterwards was reversed? Or are we just that close?

Sakaru, tassina and WoxandWarf like this.
  6. MiniLink

MiniLink Void-Bound Voyager

oh yeah that's true. i forgot about that. :p

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. wacky

wacky Phantasmal Quasar

"almost every major feature is done"

start soon, the beta will, hmm? :yoda:

NhunterN, Ahbahl and Damuranashi like this.
  8. thetokenshadow

thetokenshadow Big Damn Hero

That screenshot looks fantastic. Now all's I need is a planet to claim that looks vaguely like a skull. Not TOO much. Just enough that a ship captain passing by might go "Is that a.....no way."

Cap'n Augwiler of the Inscrutable Pejorative! Lord of the Looks-Enough-Like-A-Skull-We-Avoid-It-Planet.

(And yes, it WILL attract a certain type. I'm counting on that! ;))

Leland, Toryu-Mau and WTFtimmy124 like this.
  9. kodieatsyou

kodieatsyou Void-Bound Voyager

I can smell the beta... And it smells very good!

killpay likes this.
  10. Gene

Gene Phantasmal Quasar

Great progress! Although high res backgrounds do seem to look a bit odd with low res foreground, and make the foreground look less "retro" and more just pixelated in comparison.

Which leads me to a bit controversial question: are there any potential plans, or at least possibility, of OPTIONALLY making the foreground graphics high res too? I realize it would take a ton of gfx work, but does the game engine even support it? Would modders be able to create high res sprites? Would post-release, when gfx artists are less busy, allow for possibility of developing a high res version of the game?

I emphasize the word OPTIONALLY because nobody should have current pixelated graphics taken away if they like it, or need it for performance reasons. But IMHO it would be fantastic to let those who desire and have the hardware, to play the game at higher res. it would also open the game to a wider audience - while many players love the retro feel, many others would prefer a more crisp high-res look. Imagine if you could go to Game Settings and toggle between high and low res.

(Perhaps even make it a stretch goal, and see if people are willing to fund it?) :D

Just an idea! Whatever the answer, you guys are doing a great job, keep it up!

Flourish likes this.
  11. AtticMonster

AtticMonster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was looking at the location for the 'Insomnia' thing, and I was thinking (As usual) "Oh Darn.. I'd love to go there, but I bet I'll never be able to get to this event." And then I realized, It is literally just around the corner! Cool eh? See ya there! Excited!

*Edit*

And if I bring some artwork my partner did, I hope it gets signed by Tiy! :3

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  12. EarthlyOdin

EarthlyOdin Phantasmal Quasar

So will we be seeing beta soon then? If we do not I will die from the hype. Please let us play soon I am too young and pretty to die.

IonIon likes this.
  13. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

Beta sensors are in overdrive! Warning! Warning! BZZZT!

But in all seriousness, still gonna be a while for the beta. I just wanted to say that ;P

14. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

"We're at that stage of development now where almost every major feature is done" *has heart attack*

15. Duffles22

Duffles22 Poptop Tamer

STARRRRRBOUUNNNDDDD!

16. SilencedSouls

SilencedSouls Phantasmal Quasar

STAARRBOUUNNNDDD!

17. Evithlia

Evithlia Weight of the Sky

Thanks Chucklefish team! :rofl:

18. kodieatsyou

kodieatsyou Void-Bound Voyager

:proper: Mmmmmmmmm... yes I to sense beta

19. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hell yes, we are getting sooo close to Beta!

Leland likes this.
  20. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

Sexy Planets.