18th August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. snoeppen

snoeppen Industrial Terraformer

Im sitting at home with a broken footjoint. Would love too see a beta / release of this game during the time I'm home from work.. so you got until 1/10 to release ;)

No, but Great work, keep it up and Im looking forward to play the game.

tassina and Prymael like this.
  2. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

New monster death animation?! Color me interested, I don't like the current "poof".

3. Angry Pastry

Angry Pastry Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome job guys, I can't wait to hear when you guys finish up tier 1!

Svarr Chanston, tassina and Prymael like this.
  4. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

I agree - nothing wrong with the idea. Unfortunately, you can't just chop a game like this up into nice bite sized pieces like that. Everything tends to be rather interconnected.

Apollo Giant, tassina and Prymael like this.
  5. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

Having trouble comprehending the speed that you guys are working at... I didn't know it was even possible to do so much per day!

All I can say, as a fan, is please don't slow down! :rofl:

Naah, go at your own pace, and I hope you are all ready for i49! Thanks guys! :3

Morzan, tassina and Prymael like this.
  6. Bazoril

Bazoril Void-Bound Voyager

"A bunch of new food recipes were added."
    "A bunch more small flying monster parts were added."

I want to say ICWUDT but in the end i think i just realized i play too much Dwarf Fortress.

Prymael likes this.
  7. KwwB

KwwB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome! Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing what comes out of i49 !!!

tassina, Prymael and Kriminal like this.
  8. dcsk8erboy

dcsk8erboy Space Kumquat

i'm not really sure what you're implying haha, but idk. all I know is that they said the game would still come out in 2013, and they would try to have the beta out for a couple months before the release, and it's almost september. But it seems like they still have a lot to do, so I'm sure tiers will be coming out for several months into next year...

I figured they would release the beta once tier one is finished, it will give us something to do at least and test for them.

I'm in no hurry or anything for the beta, since I know Terraria is about to come out within a month!

9. Zyloss

Zyloss Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think he means people who have multiple computers in their house that could go LAN.

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  10. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Awesome. Keep up the good work guys :D

Svarr Chanston, tassina and Prymael like this.
  11. Zyloss

Zyloss Subatomic Cosmonaut

Im assuming you are talking about the 1.2 update?

dcsk8erboy and Svarr Chanston like this.
  12. backeby

backeby Big Damn Hero

You know, when you release the beta later, you're gonna have feedback pouring out of your ears :D

Anyways, I'm excited to see what you've in store for us at i49!

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  13. ZackTheGreat

ZackTheGreat Space Penguin Leader

I smell beta date announcement at i49. (date as in probably not during i49 but sometime after it as a concrete date)

But regardless, always excited for this game. I'm going to test the crap out of this game and find so many planets. Pink planets. :lolwut:

14. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

Tiy, you're such a tease...

anthorock, Svarr Chanston and Prymael like this.
  15. seevenup

seevenup Contact!

to bad that GTA V is coming in 3 Weeks, maybe next year i got time for starbound :D

16. Trogolodite

Trogolodite Space Spelunker

@ tiy, i was wondering - having seen the effort and sheer number of bug fixes have gone into the first boss - will each subsequent boss be easier to implement seeing as you've laid the basic framework or will the unique nature of each boss make them just as difficult to create fun and satisfying experiences?

17. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

what type of bug are you squashing in bug squash city. :boo: ha ha it is a boo

18. Dashpenguin

Dashpenguin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love reading these daily blogs. These just show how nicely the team works together.
    Even if most of your attention is going into bug fixes at the time, there are still a lot of new neat little things added into the game :D
    Best of luck at i49!

tassina and Prymael like this.
  19. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

Looking forward to the event! Make sure you polish it so fine that it shines like the sun!

tassina, Svarr Chanston and Prymael like this.
  20. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

"So it puts us in a great position to finish up the game."

So you finally stop teasing one thing and move to another. Tiy, we know you love to troll but really? You have a ton of people hanging off your every word and you tease them like this? Its just cruel. You don't even have npcs, or your first boss completely in. Theres still a lot to do before you plan to release beta seemingly.

Don't crush peoples spirits by lifting and then disappointing them. Thats not nice if you have a month or two left of work to do. I know you want to keep people eager but try and tone back wording like this. At least until you really are on that step just before, then by all means tease away.