Dev Blog 18th April - Dungeons & Spookits

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 18, 2016.

1. hippiecheese

hippiecheese Star Wrangler

YAY! Another step forward for the Glitch master race! Friendly Glitch castles to rob blind and kill the king for the crown, and then evil Glitch castles to rob blind and kill the king for the crown! What more could a rouge Glitch wandering the stars want?! I'll tell you what:

A treasure trove!

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  2. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

I had the same but with having to kill a Hylotl, Although for me I went back to my ship in hopes he would stop trying to fight me but when i returned not only did i have to kill him but the game must have bugged out because there was also a swarm of nearly 20 hostile mobs i had to deal with at the island it teleports me to.

3. The Merfox

The Merfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have found a camping ground on a forest planet, complete with RVs. So yes, there are human settlements.

4. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is the dungeon theme adventure time?

you should make a ice wold dungeon that starts out as an igloo guarded by a single ak47 penguin, and a vast (steamspring based)
    laboratory beneath, or maybey the top could be like a steam stuff shop and theres a little door that leads down and the penguin shop owner becomes hostile if u try to go down there, after warning you, of course

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2016
    Spritley Jack and emeraldgreen72 like this.
  5. Rainseeker

Rainseeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will there be a way to add user-created dungeons through the Steam workshop to provide extra spice to the universe later on?

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

No guarantees but wouldn't that be kind of obvious? I mean, considering what the Workshop is for, and what we can already do through mods...

7. TheCreeperCyborg

TheCreeperCyborg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah, it will be called mods

8. FearnWAZZA

FearnWAZZA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please, forgive me if this has already been stated and i missed it, but will there be perhaps optional extra missions and quests which are considerably harder single player than with friends? Currently the multiplayer feels a bit pointless in that everything done with friends can be done just as easily solo (or even easier provided you wouldn't be holding back to sort of 'roll play' the importance of team work). I feel like there needs to be more of a team work incentive in multiplayer.

9. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

damn it i missed all of these uptate news because you guys had stoped showing them on the front page not cool

Rainseeker and Sharp(JQ) like this.
  10. Rainseeker

Rainseeker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree. Mods, please put a link on the front page to the news? It's hard to find.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

1. That's not something for the forum moderators to do.
    2. How can they add it when the big honking "BLOG" link is already there?

12. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Welp I was about to jump in and say that but I guess you did that for me

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

If this happens often enough I can be the Mackinz to your me.

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Don't question it.

14. my only question is when is the unstable update coming out? im really looking forward to seen as i cant play nightly :-:

15. Max_Roder

Max_Roder Void-Bound Voyager

Ik whats the Theme, its roguelike! another thing, this question is stupid and ik but, why cant i get my matter manipulator in unstable ones?

16. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Will there be a way to allocate more RAM to the server and/or client? I'm packing 24 Gigs and I still can't keep Glad Giraffe from lagging.

17. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

The current unstable is identical to the stable. You are reffering to the nightly builds, which are used by people who want to follow along closeley with the developement. They get updated approximatley every workday, and they are known to be largeley broken and unplayable without the use of admin commands.

18. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

The matter manipulator isn't broken in nightly actually, It is connected to the intro quest in some way and since they disable the intro quest to avoid spoilers till it is ready to move to a more stable version it caused the matter manipulator to also be disabled.

19. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Which means it is broken. Not the actual MM code, but getting it.

20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Ehh, looks a bit more like classic DnD to me. Though I really hope that generated dungeons like that are massive enough for me to play them like roguelikes. Start off with bad equipment and slowly gain power through loot the deeper it gets. A dungeon planet would just be frickin' AMAZING... Such planets would give so much by way of content and exploration if they were to be added. I mean, terraria's skeleton dungeon is already typically massive and can take days of exploring on a larger world. Picture that except starbound themed, and on a much larger scale... That would just be a dungeon crawler's dream if it were to be added... Maybe I'll work on it as a mod if I have the time after finishing my current one.

Albcatmastercat and Johnnyloo like this.