Dev Blog 18th April - Dungeons & Spookits

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Happy Monday!

We've been adding more dungeons in an effort to create some more variety in the universe. Here's one by Necotho!

[​IMG]

upload_2016-4-18_17-52-20.gif

This is a really dungeony dungeon. Can you guess the theme?

[​IMG]

SamuriFerret has added a new dungeon as well. If you've been playing the nightly build you may have noticed that Glitch Castle dwellers have been feeling friendlier as of late, which is good news for anyone who was only looking to go on a medieval castle tour and did not want to joust with a large horse mech.

But some other nasty Glitch have gone off and built fortresses of their own, complete with spiky death traps.

[​IMG]

2. newcomer3

newcomer3 Big Damn Hero

I love it! New dungeons are exactly whats needed to make exploring the universe feel less repetitive.

3. Albcatmastercat

Albcatmastercat Void-Bound Voyager

Getting better every post!
    I am holding off on Nightly (Not wanting to start over once again, yet again, when it turns into 1.0).
    Keep at it!

...May I suggest adding Novakid Furniture Sets? Even though they are fairly new in-universe, I'd like to see some more Steampunk-ish, Cowboy-like furniture (My villages all tend to include wood everywhere, so it'd be very well welcomed).

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

5. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

my game is broken so i can't try nightly... but really cool-looking dungeons coming ^.^ looking forward to more under-water stuff too!

JKP9 likes this.
  6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Always a pleasure hearing and seeing bits of dungeons being added. Can always use more. good to hear there is a semi-safe variant glitch castle. Makes easier to examine things. :nuruhappy:

JKP9 and TheFloranChef like this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Excellent... Now all we need are super rare and hard to find randomly generated megadungeons that would take many sessions to fully explore. Like the skeleton dungeon in terraria!

8. Sinex

Sinex Master Chief

Mhm... dont wanna hurry you but when does 1.0 comes out? You're hyping me too much.

Dino_Disco and KFCdevil84 like this.
  9. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spy-ke 'round here! - Novakid Sniper 2467

Spritley Jack and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  10. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

not enough people are discussing the spookits! WE WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SPOOKITS!

newcomer3, Flake13 and Relten like this.
  11. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

Looking good. The more dungeons, the merrier.

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  12. DarrkkFreya

DarrkkFreya Void-Bound Voyager

Good good, the more dungeons the better :)
    I of course double the suggestion about Novakid furniture and villages ^_^ Idk, the game just wouldn't quite feel 100% complete for me with one of the races (let alone favorite one!) totally missing content and colonization opportunities...
    ...And megadungeons as well, loved those in Terraria :)

13. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Looks amazing, I'm in agreement for the Novakid things, I really like the style for them and would really like to see some thing on their villages/dungeons

NOAHDADDY likes this.
  14. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

I agree, the Novakid need something, furniture and villages, though I can understand why it would be sparse, considering their backstory.
    Also, looks cool to see a glitch castle with a slight steampunk influence.

JKP9 and NOAHDADDY like this.
  15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

....the guards are using bows. Oh man.

I really, really hope this means NPCs are back to using race-specific weapons. I really liked that. I had fun prizing rare Avian blasters or Glitch spike-clubs. That felt special. I hope that comes back.

JKP9, FearnWAZZA, NOAHDADDY and 8 others like this.
  16. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Seeing all the cool dungeons got me thinking... We really don't have dungeon specific music o 0o, just the planetary one that sometimes doesn't fit the dungeons at all! Would it be possible, say attached to the shield generator, to add a dungeon or theme specific track that overrides the world music until you either leave the zone or destroy the generator? Giving music to the dungeons would really add to the atmosphere they produce, say like a spooky dungeon or a medieval one.

17. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Planetary music would also be an excellent addition, because, let's face it, pretty and beautiful strings do not exactly emphasize treacherous volcanic landscapes, blinding desert sand storms, or chilling frozen wastelands...

GitschHD, Spritley Jack, JKP9 and 6 others like this.
  18. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm so dun...geon

This is amazing!

19. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Hopefully the new dungeons don't have a blind drop into either a lava pit or saw pit right under the entrance, those always annoyed me.

And maybe now the Glitch have fixed what ever was causing their malfunction in the castles, the guards didn't just attack players, they also killed their own servants.

Plus new dungeons will have more loot to scan and sell, time to figure out better storage solutions for those who try to grab as much as possible.

Spritley Jack, JKP9 and Hatsya Souji like this.
  20. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Spritley Jack likes this.