Dev Blog 18 October - 1.3.3 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Dr.Walker

Dr.Walker Intergalactic Tourist

Or abducting civilians for ransom

Captain Rage likes this.
  2. aviatorEngineer

aviatorEngineer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Golly, I can't wait to get my hands on this update. Any update for Starbound, really - I don't particularly mind the long periods of time between content updates, I've loved this game since well before the release. It's the sort of game you can play for a pretty long time even without fresh content. Plus, as a bonus, I love bounty hunting activities in games! It makes up like 50% of the time I spend on GTA: Online, for instance. So the fact it's coming to Starbound soon is pretty dang neat.

maestro kitty likes this.
  3. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I don't want to sound pretentious, it IS the holidays and I have nothing against the developers having the month off if they choose....they deserve rest and time with their families like everyone else. But is there any chance we can get one more really nice blog post this year with some more solid and extensive info about the features and content planned for 1.4? And if you guys happen to release on PS4 at any point I can promise I will buy a game again at full price just to support you. I'd say Xbox One but as things stand I don't think I'm buying any Xbox this generation....still if I ever end up getting one and Starbound ends up on there I will buy a copy at full price there too in order to support.

4. TheRealJackattack

TheRealJackattack Orbital Explorer

Can't wait for the next teaser!

5. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

They will probably have an update around Christmas. They are good about bringing good news around this time of year

6. TheRealJackattack

TheRealJackattack Orbital Explorer

I know there's not very long to the theory release date.

But if you haven'y already, it would be cool if you could do this with other players.
    I.e. If a player attacks a civilian or steals stuff from a settlement that gets the NPC's Mad.

Perhaps the punishments of when you get caught could be that you go to jail for a period of time, or pay in pixels.

^_^

7. Loto

Loto Void-Bound Voyager

No November post? I liked monthly posts, now it's December. Where's the post?

Ickura and DarthTrethon like this.
  8. DarthTrethon

No idea man....CF aren't talking....they haven't even tweeted in nearly a month now. I genuinely hope we get a solid blogpost before the holidays but who knows.

9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Conspiracy theory: we haven't heard from the devs in months because they were captured and devoured by a giant, orange pufferfish

Pohany and Kawa like this.
  10. MarcusMaster

MarcusMaster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about that we can put on requests on npc’s and other player’s heads, that would be fun, and especially in multiplayer

11. DarthTrethon

I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon if ever at all....there are too many and too severe problems with the way servers and multiplayer currently work for them to encourage anything to do with PVP.....it's too easy for griefers to cheat and bring in insanely OP stuff and there are even ways for griefers to kill server admins and corrupt others' profiles and so on. So I seriously doubt any kind of multiplayer only content or PVP specific stuff will happen. First and foremost before any of that can happen CF would have to create a system that allows server side profiles....which for the moment at least we heard nothing of. So if they ever do anything more in terms of any additional multiplayer specific features or content is hard to say.

Ickura likes this.
  12. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

I'm just putting all my hopes on the 25th : D

The Squid likes this.
  13. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Yea, me too. :) We should always hope for the best!

14. Spicynoodle

Spicynoodle Void-Bound Voyager

Its because they don't care about this game as much. Been waiting on every feature they told us we'd get, yet even at the 1.0 launch... there's till nothing there. Then we lost the visibility and transparency of the company once Chucklefish decided to focus more on promoting other games and working on other games than this one. Mollygos has posted more blog posts on the Stardew page than Starbound. In fact, its been more than a half a year since we've gotten an update on this game. Feels great, doesn't it?

GammaNu likes this.
  15. DarthTrethon

Well the updates we have received have each been absolutely massive. Maybe they hit some problems with 1.4 but we do know they're working on it. I'm sure we'll at least hear more about 1.4 sooner rather than later.

The Squid likes this.
  16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Gods forbid developers move on to produce more different products instead of one single thing. Imagine if Nintendo did that, only producing playing cards.

The Squid likes this.
  17. Musaab

Musaab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Word on the street is that they have moved on from this game and there will be no more updates.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And Nintendo don't make playing cards anymore.

The Squid likes this.
  19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

word on the street is that the devs were all violently consumed by a massive orange pufferfish just before the were about to click the "1.4 release" button

Speed Lightning and HachiYakumo like this.
  20. Cybopper

Cybopper Void-Bound Voyager

Typically, when we go this long without a blog post, we are either really close to the update or really far. Here's to 1.4 being right on the horizon.