Dev Blog 18 October - 1.3.3 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 18, 2017.

1. SHFranky

SHFranky Void-Bound Voyager

I mean, they said to post our ideas of different scenarios in the comments. Not sure what you're acting facetious for. It's not like I gave vague ideas... I provided extra detail to give some ideas on how to make it work. I'm no programmer, but many of those can easily be done.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Your sarcasm is appreciated, @Scival. Just not necessarily by all.

That almost always means the things are not easy.

You never, ever say something should be easy to do in gamedev. It almost always ends up being hard, if not near-impossible. Trust me, I am a programmer.

xaliber, ManicRykker and Scival like this.
  3. Cloot

Cloot Guest

I'm loving the look of everything so far :nurutease:

4. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

I'm still worried that capturing them alive is easier than dead.

5. Flamerate1

Flamerate1 Void-Bound Voyager

Request: More story, more lore and more progression.

6. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

It would be pretty neat if these bounty missions were their own subplot. Maybe some Occasus members are plotting to destroy a Hylotl city, or something like that.

7. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

Me waiting for the update to be released like:
    [​IMG]

I enter Starbound's Tweeter and blog everyday full of hope u.u

maestro kitty likes this.
  8. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

don't push them thats how we lost all of those features when the game went live

9. CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

I sadly dont really like the idea of bounty hunting in this game, and while Im aware that this adds some much needed extra content that can be done at any time, I feel as though that this is... not exactly what's necessary at this stage of the game.

Ickura and Gunslinger like this.
  10. Spicynoodle

Spicynoodle Void-Bound Voyager

At this point they need to actually update this game instead of just hotfixes. Almost been half a year. They even lost all transparency and pushed updates literally 2x as slow before the 1.0 update came out. I just think Chucklefish is too busy promoting other games to direct all their resources into this game anymore. It honestly shows through the this year. Half the game still isn't finished with the stuff they said they'd implement, yet the entire game is already out... with little to no communications anymore. Just another indie company at this point, nothing special. Decent game, just not what they promised. At all. Even now, with the lack of dev blogs or update. The last reason was because they were moving studios. After that, communication literally ceased, when it use to be so good.

11. blkandwhtlion

blkandwhtlion Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. I have a suggestion since you asked! For bounty hunting it would be cool to have a scenario where your Target could strike a better deal! Like pay you double not to kill him if you let him talk and go kill his contact instead. Second goes with the first. Maybe you impress them and they will join your crew if you spare them.

General Nuclear likes this.
  12. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Another useless update. Boo- OH MY GOD! ARE THOSE WHAT I THINK THEY ARE?! PASSCODE THINGIES AND OPENABLE NOTES?! This is all I ever wanted out of this game. Thank you Chucklefish, for bringing more maze making/wiring and note writing possibilities.

maestro kitty and Kawa like this.
  13. daniskarma

daniskarma Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice patch.

14. zxcorp

zxcorp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fractured Ideas for bounties
    1. Bounties with gang members, wanted dead, that provide an extra small reward for disposing of them.
    2. Possibly a space adventure type choice scenario where you can figure out the puzzles, or take a chance and set the base to self destruct giving you a time limit to collect your bounty, but also opening all security doors in your path(also possibly causing any smaller bounty targets to immediately flee the premises, causing a loss of bounty).
    3. Having the choice to help or let go certain bounties for more money or better equipment, at the chance of being targeted by bounty hunters yourself.
    4. Possibility of having to choose between splitting a reward with other bounty hunters or fighting them off.
    5. certain rng events that can put you in dire trouble or better rewards, such as either finding a hidden treasure or ending up trapped in a bandit stronghold.
    6. Mech battle
    7. Escaping a planet or prison with your bounty
    8. ability to hire bounties or mercenaries for your ship at the cost of the bounty.
    9. Maybe add a leveling system with passive benefits plz
    10. The chance to fight using capture balls in a Pokemon style arena, if you win you either get the bounty and a special/non-special monster collar, or you get the bounty plus a special or non-special monster. [like a monster called lightning rat that looks like its on steroids and does passive energy damage]

15. Lunar_Vortex

Lunar_Vortex Orbital Explorer

YES, YES, YEEEEEESSSSSSS

16. ArconWarl

ArconWarl Orbital Explorer

While watching list of changes (since developing of 1.3) I can't understand 2 things.
    1- Where the shields? We have gazillions of random-parts weapon, a whole bunch of legendaries, but no shield. Not a single one legendary shield, no adequate end-game shield recipe, no shields of metall tiers. Is it super-mega hard thing to do?
    2-a map. a damn map. We have spaceships, blasters, mechs, terraforming devices, but we have no damn planetary scanner, or prone, or whatrever. Not a single device to have a damn level map.
    oh, but now we can enter the passcode on doors! Hurray! combo-:facepalm:

17. SHFranky

SHFranky Void-Bound Voyager

I mean I agree that it's easier said than done, but I'm not just carelessly throwing terms around. I simply meant that they were things that are very feasible. Maybe I'm not a programmer, but I have taken programming classes, I just don't find it enough to be entertaining enough to pursue.

All I'm saying is that I think most if not all of these could be done, and pretty much all my suggestions require little actual programming, just simple sequencing.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

19. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

About first point, theoretically Magnorbs are legendary shields but I know, Magnorbs barely works like other shields and they have no slot for other weapon. Still it's an interesting thing. Maybe they seem weak but with good timing you can exploit for example vaults with them making you practically invincible so instead of running around you stay in one place pressing RMB. Shield activate as soon as RMB is pressed. They are also fun for running past some mobs.
    About the second point, in my eyes it hurts more that we can have only one ship, no ability to change it to something other or create custom one. I wish we could create own ship like we are able to create space stations but of course with smaller blocks. But right, in the endgame when we have tons of resources something like planetary scanner would be interesting. Biome searching can be annoying. When I'm in rush I'm "scanning" planets by looking what generated on them in log files but feature for it would be great.

20. ArconWarl

ArconWarl Orbital Explorer

Magnorbs is awful shield, coz it take 2 slots. What kind of crappy shield use both hands? And still, makiing a a few shield recipes on different metal tiers is not a super-duper hard work. Even with current not-so-good modding instruments, but - hey, why should I mod such a trivial things?
    As for the ship - it's kinda not neccesary anymore. when we have custom-made shops-warehouse-farm-tenants base accesible in 2 jumps or 1 from teleporter. I mean, ship as a main base is no more.
    Oh, while writing about ship I came up with idea - while ship is not neccesary as a base, there can be possibilities for upgrades. For example, we can install ship modules in empty rooms - scanner, so descending on a planet with pre-made map, or ground operations module - launches to the planet a small defended module with 1-2 rooms and bed,refrigerator,oven,food ration, etc. Airdrop - module so we can request help in difficult situations, and airsupport module - some kind of air transport to move fast across a planet.
    That way our ship upgrades still be desirable - so we can install more modules.
    Oh, and why not develop this further - so we can buy, craft or find module schemes not only for ship, but for station as well. For example garden scheme with universal soil to plant everything we want. Or mining facility, whitch gives us ore in some frequency. Or maybe a trading outpost module with corresponding planetary trading probes - so with more stations in different systems and more probes on different planet we have more profit.
    Man, I can do this all day...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017