Dev Blog 18 October - 1.3.3 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Original Post

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Oh yas!! thanks you beautyful Devs
    [​IMG]

3. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Alright, now please let us use those keypads as well. I can do it with wiring, but that is A LOT of work, and doesn't look as nice!

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I like the way that note looks.

Lunar_Vortex and Pohany like this.
  5. MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

Combine that keypad with a small shield generator (say, 10x10 blocks), and you get a way to protect your ship from looters. Functional big generators you could place would work too. I wonder if it is possible to make the keypad protect the room it is in?

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  6. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

God bless you devs! The categories on the workshop are awesome. I already updated my mods, now it's matter of time to wait for the workshop to refresh.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  7. Kapparoach

Kapparoach Aquatic Astronaut

Oh boy, thanks for the hotfix! That bug was annoying to deal with.

One thing I'd like to see is having the player complete an NPC quest in order to get a keycode/clue to catching the bounty target.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  8. Fukayu

Fukayu Space Hobo

When will we be able to get married start a family bounty hunting business and make some $$bank$$ ?$$$

9. The Doctor

The Doctor Pangalactic Porcupine

What are your future plans in regards to possible mobile platform ports? Specifically the 3DS and Switch.

Is there an expected or estimated release window for 1.3.4?

What did you actually update other than "some minor issues?"

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  10. TheLogicMonster

TheLogicMonster Master Chief

Or even just kids. Not even having your own kids, but every NPC is about the same age as far as I can tell.

well, obviously that door can't just be deconstructed with the MM, so it's cool that you have to get a code to unlock it. What if there were locations with no doors, but shields that prevented you from using the MM (like Hylotal underwater cities) and you had to get a code or find a switch to turn off the shielding. Then instead of walking in the door you tear the building apart and walk in like a boss. If you put one of these locations at the bottom of a toxic ocean, and had to bring them in alive, then it becomes part of the challenge to figure out how to bust in without flooding the place with acid and killing your target. Targets that threaten to kill themselves with traps to avoid capture would be an interesting feature in itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
    Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  11. Jaxad0127

Jaxad0127 Void-Bound Voyager

A Switch port with cross play with be an insta-buy from me. Host worlds from my desktop and play them on the Switch.

Gurfern and Lunar_Vortex like this.
  12. Dally-Kay

Dally-Kay Space Hobo

Could we get some bounties on a person's pet? I think that would be hilarious and fun! The "convict" can send out their pet, you capture it and they get all upset. "What? You weren't here for me?" And "wait, why him/her?" Are some dialogue options I just thought of for the "convict" after you snag his pet.

13. TheLogicMonster

I also still think it would be awesome to be able to use the bounty capture mechanic on non bounties, to have the option of abducting civilians to relocate them to your colonies or arresting bandits and locking them up.

14. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

:rainbowbarf: This. THIS. I cannot express how long I have been waiting for this.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  15. LoneGunman

LoneGunman Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe a minor point/request but is the code going to be added to the quest log or somewhere automatically? I just worry that I'll run into the "code giver" before the door and in the heat of the moment have the code show then disappear. Again, minor point but just thought I'd ask.

DraikNova and TheLogicMonster like this.
  16. TheLogicMonster

I was hoping the code would automatically get recorded when you hear it for that same reason. Would hate to lose it if I was distracted for a moment.

DraikNova likes this.
  17. Chizuru Minamoto

Chizuru Minamoto Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is very interesting, thank you for the update! Although, will be able to create our own keypad lock? Because I would definetely like to use that on my ship.

Now though, in term of cool designs until you reach your bounty, I could think of a few ideas that may or may not be terrible :

-An arena of sorts, where you'd have to defeat a certain amount of members of the gang until the big boss comes out.
    -A guy who would let you handcuff him without any fight if you do a job for him?
    -And a third idea, but that one would recquire a lot more work to create, why not some sort of gambling minigame, where depending on how you fare, different things could happen, like your target invites you to a friendly game of blackjack, and winning multiple times in a row could make him surrender, or he could just become angry and call in some assistance to take you down? I mean, its a silly idea, but I wouldn't see every bad guys just sitting in the forest, or hidden behind a door either, maybe they aren't all evil, or willing to use lethal force.
    Either way, I'm eager to go bounty hunting! :nuruawe:

18. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

This was sorely needed. Should help people actually find the sort of mods they want. Thanks!

Also glad vanilla will have keypads.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  19. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe have one final crime boss give you an ultimatum, doubling the odds: if you win [minigame], he/she will turn themselves in, or if you lose, they will be given free passage / disappear / whatnot. You could still decline and coerce them into captivity, of course, but the idea that they will shout at you once you expose them and try to parley.

[mini-games]:
    Their leader challenges you to shooting competition; targets show up on a range and you have x seconds to shoot them down. Balloons appear left and right, and you have been given a specific gun for the challenge.

A classic game of hang-man. Time-based? Who knows. You will stand on a wooden platform, big board with an alphabet appears, you have to point at the letters and try to guess the word.... we know how the rest goes (there could be a twist with you standing on platforms which disappear also, with a bottomless hole underneath, or some thematical variation).

I'm sure that a few silly / thrilling minigames like this could be devised.

Looking forward to 1.4, needless to say! It will be a nice Christmas break. :D

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  20. SkupperNog

SkupperNog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not bad. Personally, I would like to see other bounty hunters who can aid or hinder your progress of hunting them down.